“Great Take Out”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I love J.W. Chens! If I am feeling like I need a little Asian cuisine, this is the only place that I will go to now. Best place around town! After JWC, I will never go to another low cost take out place again. The food here is prime and cooked to order. It is reasonably priced and the portions are good, too! I have never dined in the restaurant, I only order take out, and it is the bomb! The service is quick & friendly. The food is flavorful and at a good temperature. They have a very large menu to choose from- all veggie dishes to soups,meat, fish, and sides. I would definitely recommend trying!

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

If you want great food at very reasonable prices, this is the restaurant for you. I had the ko ko shrimp, green beans and rice and still came home with enough for lunch the next day. Tasty and seasoned perfectly.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

To have the owner sit down at your table and work with you to create dishes that accommodate individual tastes and needs was a very unique experience. This same person later visited our table to make sure that everything was to our liking. While we probably would have easily passed this restaurant if reviews hadn't led us here, we were very glad that we gave it a try. The food was delicious and the fact that modifications were made to accommodate our individual preferences made it even better. We appreciated the personal interaction initiated by the owner. Without a doubt this is one restaurant in the South Bend/Elkhart area that we look forward to visiting again.

1  Thank GrandpaTuba
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

We stopped in mid week for lunch and were greeted by the owner Jean. She told us about her history and asked about food preferences. The green beans were fantastic as were our entrees - the requested degree of spiciness. Lunch included soup and mini spring roll - $6! Food was extremely fresh. If you are in the mood for classic Chinese fare this is your place! Very near Notre Dame campus.

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

If it wasn't for the great reviews I would have passed this place. Tucked in a little strip plaza, Off south bend avenue, this place is under the radar. Packed with local students we walked in and were immediately greeted and sat down. I was a little confused with all the selections of Chinese food on the menu and before I knew it the owner of the establishment sat down with us and quickly directed us to the best food experience I've ever had.Jean ( the owner) is the secret. Listen to what she says and you won't go wrong.