“Love this place!”

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Taiwanese
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The food is always fresh. And the service is great. I love the friendly staff. I cant recomend high enough!!!!!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food & friendly (not fancy) atmosphere!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

A friend asked my mom and I to join them for lunch. We agreed. One of the owners sits with you to ask about food allergies and first time diners. If there is at least one first timer, she picks something from the menu for everyone to share based on your answer and what each person orders and its complementary. The food was not like the franchise places at the mall. It's more authentic and greater selection. However, if you are looking for fancy surroundings, this place is not it -- think more clean "hole in the wall" rather than fine dining, with excellent food and service.

• Visited October 2013
South Bend, Indiana
“AmazeBallzzz!!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Best food & great service! I go as often as I can & my 2 favs are the orange chicken & crispy beef!!!!! It'll be your loss if u skip out :'(

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Watch Windowdressing Your Lunch Order”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

J.W. Chen's has friendly efficient service and an extensive lunch list. The standard lunch for $6 included soup, egg roll, rice/fried rice and main dish, all inclusive. Jean, the pleasant owner, personally greeted us and then charmed us into a customized order instead at $13 and $15, respectively, for the two of us. We received a complimentary order of tasty green beans, albeit, why not, as there were NO vegetables in the stir fry except for garlic and green onion. Where were the snow peas/broccoli/water chestnuts/baby corn/peppers? The food was ironically oversalted when, in fact, my wife was asked how she wanted her preparation, and she said, "please, little salt!" The fish dish was drowning in a heavy brown syrupy sauce. Bottomline: Friendly fast service, overpriced good, not great Chinese food with a bit of rundown dining room. And stick to the printed menu!

• Visited April 2014
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Great food, great service from owner”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were here for one nite in south bend. Looked up some places this one popped up. Ratings were good so we decided to try it out. This place was so friendly. The owner lady and her husband are out on the floor and the lady greets you personally and sits down with every group that came in I seen. She asks everyone specifics of what they like. Allergies as well to food. She was so niceto us. I did however rate service at a 4 just because before she came the lady that dropped our menus off never had tried any of the food she said. (?) How can you have servers working in the reastaunt but not have any help or knowledge of whats on the menu? Anyways dont let that tiny ding discourage you from stopping... it was great and the food was really budget friendly running my gf and I with 2 beers at 28$ dinners seemed all under 12$ was really nice.

• Visited April 2014