“Will go back again and again”
Review of J.W. Chen's

J.W. Chen's
Ranked #5 of 296 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will go back again and again”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

By far my favorite Chinese restaurant in our city. Jean's (the owner) personal service is incomparable. She will sit down and not just take your order, but help you know what you want. She has made dishes off the menu based on what I like, and I have never been disappointed. Neither has my family. The service is very fast and the ingredients in the food are very fresh and delicious. Jean has brought complimentary dishes when we couldn't make up our minds. We usually have to go boxes to take home with us because we were stuffed. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The food is always fresh. And the service is great. I love the friendly staff. I cant recomend high enough!!!!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food & friendly (not fancy) atmosphere!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

A friend asked my mom and I to join them for lunch. We agreed. One of the owners sits with you to ask about food allergies and first time diners. If there is at least one first timer, she picks something from the menu for everyone to share based on your answer and what each person orders and its complementary. The food was not like the franchise places at the mall. It's more authentic and greater selection. However, if you are looking for fancy surroundings, this place is not it -- think more clean "hole in the wall" rather than fine dining, with excellent food and service.

• Visited October 2013
South Bend, Indiana
“AmazeBallzzz!!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Best food & great service! I go as often as I can & my 2 favs are the orange chicken & crispy beef!!!!! It'll be your loss if u skip out :'(

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Watch Windowdressing Your Lunch Order”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

J.W. Chen's has friendly efficient service and an extensive lunch list. The standard lunch for $6 included soup, egg roll, rice/fried rice and main dish, all inclusive. Jean, the pleasant owner, personally greeted us and then charmed us into a customized order instead at $13 and $15, respectively, for the two of us. We received a complimentary order of tasty green beans, albeit, why not, as there were NO vegetables in the stir fry except for garlic and green onion. Where were the snow peas/broccoli/water chestnuts/baby corn/peppers? The food was ironically oversalted when, in fact, my wife was asked how she wanted her preparation, and she said, "please, little salt!" The fish dish was drowning in a heavy brown syrupy sauce. Bottomline: Friendly fast service, overpriced good, not great Chinese food with a bit of rundown dining room. And stick to the printed menu!

• Visited April 2014