“The personal touch!”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Every time we go to JW Chen's, Jean (Chen, the owner) comes right to your table, sits down, and takes your order. She always has something delicious cooking in the back! If you tell her, "surprise me", she never fails to come up with something out of this world. I guess the down side, if there is one, is that the restaurant is near Notre Dame University, and it can get a bit busy if the University has something going on. However if that's the case, carry-out works just fine! It's about the best Chinese restaurant in town.

There are newer reviews for J.W. Chen's

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Normally when we visit this restaurant, we don't feel rushed. However, on Saturday, May 10th that wasn't the case. The place was busy and understand it is a small restaurant. Our appetizer (soup)dishes were cleared almost before we began the main course. The rice was put on the table before we even got our soup. The main dishes arrived and we ran out of rice. Because of the crush of customers, we were unable to attract the attention of any server. As a result, some of our food got cold. Even with food still to be eaten, we received our bill.

It was like, pay and get our of here, We need that table! We will visit again -- perhaps in the middle of winter when no one is going out. Then there won't be a rush!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

By far my favorite Chinese restaurant in our city. Jean's (the owner) personal service is incomparable. She will sit down and not just take your order, but help you know what you want. She has made dishes off the menu based on what I like, and I have never been disappointed. Neither has my family. The service is very fast and the ingredients in the food are very fresh and delicious. Jean has brought complimentary dishes when we couldn't make up our minds. We usually have to go boxes to take home with us because we were stuffed. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The food is always fresh. And the service is great. I love the friendly staff. I cant recomend high enough!!!!!!

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

A friend asked my mom and I to join them for lunch. We agreed. One of the owners sits with you to ask about food allergies and first time diners. If there is at least one first timer, she picks something from the menu for everyone to share based on your answer and what each person orders and its complementary. The food was not like the franchise places at the mall. It's more authentic and greater selection. However, if you are looking for fancy surroundings, this place is not it -- think more clean "hole in the wall" rather than fine dining, with excellent food and service.