“Good selection of craft beer”

O'Rourke's Public House
Ranked #14 of 293 Restaurants in South Bend
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: O'Rourke's Public House is a locally owned Irish bar located across from the University of Notre Dame. We are family friendly with patio seating available. We have a full bar and a great late night atmosphere, typically with life music or pub activities such as Trivia(Monday), Karaoke(Tuesday), Questionnairey(Wednesday), Mike Brey Radio Show or Brian Kelly Radio Show(Thursdays), Live DJ (Friday and Saturday)
Marshall, Michigan
“Good selection of craft beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We came here during a busy time, and the service was a bit slow; but we expected it. The selection of craft beer was very good and they had 4 dollar specials. The food was good, with nice portions. We would come here again when we're in the area.

• Visited June 2014

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner on Tuesday night. The music was loud and I was feeling like we should've chose somewhere else to eat. Our waitress promptly greeted us and after a few sips of a beer I had settled in. We learned that the restaurant was only about 10 years old although decor inside alludes to an older establishment. A lot of menu items with a few of the Irish variety. Fish n chips was rated high by the server and the French onion soup is a big seller. I love French onion soup so I had to try it and I was amazed! In addition to the traditional topping of broiled cheese they add (what I'm assuming to be) house made fried onions. I had bangers and mash and took half of it back to our hotel. My husband had a grilled chicken sandwich and salad. Both meals we huge and very satisfying. I'm glad we didn't leave in hopes of finding a different place. This place must be packed during home games!

1 Thank MegE9608
New Bern, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's pub food and beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

It's pub food and beer... Very Irish atmosphere. It's close to a nice shopping center with everything from a Notre Dame campus store, pharmacy to really cute Boutiques. Parking is good. Easy access to freeway.

Visited August 2013
Nappanee
“I learned something about excellent wings here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I visit O'Rourkes about twice every three months. It's convenient to ND Campus and on my way home from work. It's a relaxed atmosphere, especially when classes are not in session. I have had lunch here as well as dinner and happy hour. I have never been disappointed.

O'Rourkes offers a chicken wing appetizer with many options for seasoning. The wings are flash fried then baked which makes for excellent flavor and texture. The seasonings I prefer are the Old Bay Seasoning (we even use this at home now for poultry) and the whisky sauce.

We were last in during the Lenten season, on a Friday. We had a salmon entree that was wonderful.

• Visited March 2014
springfield
“nice college bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

This restaurant/bar is right across form campus and is Irish themed with lots of beer choices. During the day it has a very varied menu reasonably priced the food was pretty good and for the location is good. At night becomes a very happening college loud bar .Fun place to be

• Visited May 2014