“Don't waste your time or your $$”

O'Rourke's Public House
Ranked #13 of 318 Restaurants in South Bend
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: O'Rourke's Public House is a locally owned Irish bar located across from the beautiful University of Notre Dame. With a fantastic family friendly atmosphere, a large patio overlooking the home of the Fighting Irish, two full bars, and great late night options, O'Rourke's is the perfect spot for drinks with friends, fans, and family. Check out our weekly pub activities: Trivia(Monday), Karaoke(Tuesday), Opinionation(Wednesday), Mike Brey Radio Show or Brian Kelly Radio Show(Thursdays during season).
Reviewed 26 August 2014

What a disappointment. Cute Irish bar/restaurant with outside seating directly across from the Notre Dame campus. We took our daughter to dinner last Wednesday night, August 20th after moving her into her apartment close to ND. We were seated outside. Waitress took our order. I asked for a bowl of chicken noodle soup as I was not feeling well. Drinks arrived and then my bowl of soup arrived along with the food for my daughter and husband. Soup was cold. We asked the waitress three times for napkins and cutlery. Three times?? She removed my soup and brought a fresh bowl that was warm, not hot and not fully filled. When the bill came she said"Oh, I forgot to tell you the bowl of soup you asked for, well I just doubled the cost of a cup." So my half filled bowl of lukewarm soup was $10.00 No apologies, no offer to adjust the bill. The waitress was completely vacant, lazy and uninterested in her customers. I will never go back to this restaurant, and I suggest you find somewhere else to go too. Lots of good choices near campus. O'Rourke's is a loser.Where is their management oversight of their employees?

4  Thank Trigger8888

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Hummus appetizer was fantastic. Burgers and salad were pretty standard. Great patio atmosphere to enjoy a summer afternoon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This Irish themed bar is adjacent to the Notre Dame campus - home of the Fighting Irish. In term time it is no doubt full of students, but we were there in the summer holidays and it was a quieter. The staff are friendly and made a Bellini though it was not on the menu (other places don't do this). The helpings are huge - so it's easy to over order what it would not be possible to consume; you have been warned! Food is okay. There are outdoor tables too, which overlook the campus and there's a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Right across from ND campus in Eddy Commons. The atmosphere is different and very neat. The food is good and moderately priced. Service was fair. They do take reservations and we definitely will go there again.

2  Thank ctso3
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Great food, great atmosphere! The Guinness Stew was amazing. Always fun to eat good food watching The World Cup on the campus of one of the worlds greatest universities!

1  Thank Elizabeth D