“Perfect in every way, so nice to see places this quaint with quality comin back!”
Review of Quincy's Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Quincy's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 November 2012

There espresso is by far the best I've had in the world I am coffee and espresso connoisseur and have traveled many places with my work, this is by far some of the best espresso I've had this far, the food was to notch too!

“Tremendous!”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Wonderful coffee shop with a great venue, and good food ... Nicely done!

“Superb! Coffeehouse for coffeehouse lovers!!”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Great music venue! Great food, hip environment w a touch of class! Great wifi... Usually see places like this in a larger city glad we have somthing like this here :) :)

South Bend, Indiana
“Stay Away”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My family went to get Ice Cream from the store next door, my wife went into Quincy's to get the expresso over her ice cream. I would had thought that allowed us to sit at the patio furniture, NOT TRUE! The Owner a person name Ismail told us to "move our crap to the tables where the ice cream owner has tables" right in front of our children. He looked so angry I thought our family was in danger just bye the look on this man face. I just couldn't beleive the confrontation. We were even looking at the menu when this happened, i mean what was his problem, Its very clear he does not know how to run a business, as we run our own and would never ever treat a customer like that. All he had to do is ask us to leave the tables. I will never ever forget this man's face. We will never ever return to either place.

• Visited July 2011
4 Thank Ellenhelt
South Bend, Indiana
“Best coffee in South Bend”
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Die-hard fans of Lula's are perhaps outraged that another coffee joint has emerged in its place. I, having been only an occasional patron at Lula's, find the upstart better in many ways, although there are so many similarities (in terms of layout and menu items) that I at first wondered whether it was the same management running the place.
But the coffee, for one, is better. They carry Intelligentsia coffee (http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/) and make far superior espressos and cappuccinos in comparison to the awful stuff at starbucks -- it's definitely the best coffee I've had in town.
I also tried a roasted red pepper and gouda soup, which was outstanding -- not sure how well that represents their other menu items, but they're certainly as creative.
Space is a little more limited than at Lula's, since there's a permanent setup for musicians to perform. Quincy's hosts regular live music events and caters to local songwriters, even offering to record and promote their CDs.
While the furniture is newer, I found the tables somewhat uncomfortable, being barely able to fit my legs under them (and I'm only 5'9" and not a heavy guy by any means). Baked goods don't look as appealing as the scones and biscotti Lula's carried, but I'm certainly going to be back at Quincy's often for their coffee.

• Visited June 2011