“Lunch”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

It's always nice to find a Chinese restaurant that is not a buffet. The food here was pretty standard fair. I enjoyed my Mongolian beef and egg drop soup.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Have been here several times. Nothing out standing, but still very nice food selection and tasty food. Not a place to spend a long evening in, but a nice place to go to eat at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We went to eat at this restaurant for convenience as it was just across the road from the hotel we were staying for the night. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of food at a reasonable price. The schezuan chicken and shrimp dishes we had ordered just came fine and with enough quantity to feed 4 (we were only 2!).

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Was looking for better than average Chinese food and found it here! Several large parties in the back but did not distract. Reasonably priced good menu. Coworker had peanut shrimp and I had orange chicken. Both were very tasty - I could actually taste the chicken through the orange sauce. Only negative is that I made the mistake of asking Lin (server) if I could get fried rice instead of white rice and he was visibly upset and said NO!! I would have paid extra to get it or bought it as a side dish ... thought at first he was kidding with me but he certainly was not. The white rice was fine, and the peanut shrimp was also very good ... not overcooked and tasty. I would recommend it if you're in the mood. Convenient to the ND side of town, a bit of a drive from downtown SB.

1  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 1 October 2013

To use a Midwest expression, the place was certainly “nothing to write home about”. Also, the link on TripAdvisor to their web site takes you no where. It is either entered incorrectly or, most likely, they didn't pay the fee to keep it working since I couldn't find anything doing an on-line search! I had the Beef Chop Suey. The rice was lumpy and tasteless and not fried. The bean sprouts were ok. Other had the Ho Ping Lo Mein, which was very bland and required much soy sauce, mustard, and duck sauce for any taste. Noodles were like fettuccini rather than lo mein in both look and texture? Both of us had egg rolls, which required lots of duck sauce. The hot and sour soup tasted weird, and none of those dipping, crunchy things was provided to put in the soup. Fortune cookie was the best part of the meal. The sign out front said discount for hotel guests, but that doesn’t apply to the lunch menu-bait and switch false advertising, in my opinion! We had planned to order additional food to take back to the hotel for later but quickly changed our minds once we tasted the food. Most of the clientele was over 70 so maybe they keep the food bland and low in sodium for them! Definitely will not return next time at ND event.