All reviewsone nightroom was cleanstayed herenotre damefuture tripswould stay againbudget hotelenglish muffincerealbendfridgecorridorlodging
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Never went to America's Best Value Inn before, so I was rather pleased when I got there -- not thrilled but pleased. The room was clean and, being a non-smoking room, it smelled fine, although the halls had a smokey odor. This motel used to be another name, as evidenced by the pasted-on labels everywhere covering the former name.
The room was clean and acceptable, but there were a number of little things that need improvement. The tub surround was new, but the tub was old and the fixtures well-worn. The furniture looks OK, but it's shabby and drawers don't always work. The alarm was a puzzle; I couldn't figure out how to set it. Fortunately I didn't need it, but I like to know the time if I wake during the night.
The breakfast was continental and I was advised so when I checked in -- four kinds of cereal, a couple of different pastries, etc. I hope that this motel is not representative of all the motels in the chain. If so, I'd find something else.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank bltzflk
abvisouthbend, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Bltzflk,

Thank you for all of your comments and for your review. I’ve shared your feedback with our management team, and we’re happy that you were “pleased” with the “clean and acceptable” room.

Our entire hotel is non-smoking; we ask all smokers to head outside to smoke, as Indiana law states. We regret to hear that the halls had a smokey odor, but we do actively enforce our smoking rules within the hotel. We also apologize for the few labels we have. We like to spend money upgrading the furniture in each room, rather than papers that don’t attract the attention of most of our guests. We’ve definitely noted your comments, though, and will be replacing these very soon.

We’re aware that some of our furniture needs improvement. We’ve replaced our televisions with LCD flat screens, and we’re currently replacing our beds. Over the next two years, we’ll also be replacing our lighting fixtures, tables, and chairs. We apologize for the alarm clock; if you run into this problem again, please let us know. I would be more than happy to set your alarm for you personally, either using the alarm clock or our hotel’s phone system.

I hope to see you again, but this time, “thrilled” with the value of our property!

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Our room was clean, the bed was comfy, and the front desk was helpful. The breakfast, however, was all carbs and low-end, so we had to go out for that. Still, I'd say it's a good value for the money and we'd probably stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank HopeSprings0

HopeSprings0,

We appreciate your review on TripAdvisor. Our entire staff works hard to make your stay comfortable, and we’re glad that you found our rooms clean and the front desk helpful. Since your review, we’ve made changes to our breakfast offerings, and although we’ve kept the carbs, healthier choices have been added. We continue to evaluate our breakfast and will bring in more variety while keeping our prices low. I hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We wanted a place to stay overnight while traveling to our final destination. We chose this location because of price and other favorable reviews. It was over 100 degrees the evening of our stay. The AC was not working properly in our room. We talked to the manager and he immediately put us in a different room. He personally made sure the air was working. it did - we needed a blanket! The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in at any hotel chain. I would definitely stay here again. No frills but very clean and a great value for through travelers.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank C4M2

C4M2,

We appreciate your review of our hotel, as well as the story! I definitely remember the both of you, even though it’s been months since your stay. Again, we apologize for the air conditioning unit, but we’re glad it all worked out in the end.

Our maintenance staff has been checking our air conditioning and heating units, and we’re constantly upgrading them with new, more efficient machines. We’ve also been replacing our beds – they’re more comfortable than ever! I’m glad you enjoyed your "comfortable" and "very clean" stay and hope to see you again in South Bend.

Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

This hotel fits a nice niche. It isn't a five star property, but it is a cut above a typical value property. For a good price you get a good clean room with a breakfast, and the desk staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Hawkhound

Hawkhound,

Thank you for your review. I have shared your comments with our entire desk staff. We’re in full agreement with what you said; our property isn’t top-of-the-line, but our standards for cleanliness and service exceed other budget hotels. We hope to see you again at our property and will deliver a “good clean room” for “a good price.”

Reviewed 18 May 2012

This hotel was perfect for what we needed - a place to stay while traveling. The room wasn't overly large, but it was extremely clean and it was exactly what we needed for sleeping. The other reviews were accurate on what to expect - no fancy amenities, but the price that reflects that. Breakfast was minimal. Owner was so very polite and gracious. Will definitely consider this for future trips to/through the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MeganLD

MeganLD,

We were very happy to read your comments – that the hotel was “extremely clean” and “exactly what we needed.” I’ve shared the review with our housekeeping staff and management, and we will continue to maintain our high standards for cleanliness and customer service. We are also working to expand our breakfast selections while keeping our prices low. I appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again when you’re back in town.