All reviewsone nightroom was cleanstayed herenotre damefuture tripswould stay againbudget hotelenglish muffincerealbendfridgecorridorlodging
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

This visit was my first in an ABV hotel. I had a room with a single queen and it was fine for me as I was traveling alone. The room is too small for two people to share. Everything worked and the room was clean. The price seemed high for an economy hotel compared to what I was paying at other chains. The desk person was friendly. Nothing special to recommend or not.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Best value in South Bend. It is right around the corner from Notre Dame and St Mary's, and there are plenty of places to stop and eat at. The place is perfect for those who need a place to sleep, for the amenities are limited. But the local is perfect, I can walk to ND. I plan to use this place every time I got the South Bend.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Chet K
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here one night during our road trip home. While the hotel is old it is clean, bed is comfortable and staff is friendly. They had a waffle station for breakfast, juice, cereal, toast and english muffins included in stay. We would stay again. We paid $70, would not pay more.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2017

It is a great location. Lighted parking lot. Very good price at $70.00 for queen Bed.
The rooms are clean and very well kept. The staffs are very
friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay many more times.

Room Tip: No elevator so request lower level if available.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2017

This is an old, very tired property that is being neglected. Apparently, the ownership/managerial person(s) are good with the state of the property.

The photos attached say much. The condition of the property speak volumes as to the perspective of the decision-makers.

The cost of my room was in the $60 - $70 range. In my opinion, it was a $34-40 room.

I would not stay at the property again. On my return trip next week, I'll find a different property in South Bend.

Caveat Emptor!

Room Tip: Choosing a good room? Consider another property!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
abvisouthbend, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry for the issue that you encountered
during your recent stay with us.
We recently had some work done in attic and we have access to attic from that
Room. During the work while the room was out of service the crew damaged the
wall behind the furniture which we did not notice. You somehow noticed the damage
behind the furniture and uploaded the pictures. If you read all the past reviews on
TripAdvisor you will come to the conclusion that the issue was in that room only. We
have corrected the issue and I wish if you would have brought to our attention then
We would have upgraded you to King bed for the inconvenience.
Thanks.