All reviewsone nightroom was cleanstayed herenotre damefuture tripswould stay againbudget hotelenglish muffincerealbendfridgecorridorlodging
Reviewed 9 November 2009

The prices were ok, considering it was the ND vs. Navy game, but they didn't have any extra towels, no pillows and we luckily got our hands on the last hair dryer. The room was clean, tv was archaic and the mattress was like sleeping on a loaf of bread.

Would I do it again? For the money, I'll try to plan further in advance and get a decent mattress to lay on.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank design001
abvisouthbend, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2011

We appreciate your review.We are aware of what rooms needs upgrading
and we try to continue to upgrade property gradually.

Reviewed 2 October 2009

I had never even heard of this hotel chain, but I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and found that the reviews were accurate. If you are looking for frills, thrills, or a scenic location; this isn't the hotel for you. If, however, you are looking for a clean, quiet room at a budget price, this is it. My one night stay with tax was $54.23. The room has a comfortable bed, a dresser, one night table, a television, a table and two chairs. Definately not fancy, but definately clean. In fact the entire hotel is clean; and everything in the room worked properly.

The owner told me that they don't even wash the bedding from the smoking rooms with that of the non-smoking rooms so that they don't cross-contaminate (my term) the sheets. After looking at the rates, and the reviews, of other hotels in the area, this was a no-brainer.

I didn't take advantage of the breakfast, which is served in the lobby, because there are plenty of restaurants in the area. In fact, this hotel is along Dixie Highway, which is tightly packed with hotels, restaurants and other businesses, so there are no views.

If I have one complaint, and its a minor complaint; its that there aren't enough electrical outlets in the room. There is one by the bathroom sink, one behind the night table, and one behind the dresser. I needed to plug in four electrical items, and the outlets provided weren't sufficient.

I would stay here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank SEMich
abvisouthbend, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2011

Thank you so much for the compliments. We try to provide a clean, simple, friendly
lodging at a excellent value. We are always trying to improve. With your comment
about outlets we have now fixed 7 outlet surge protector .

Reviewed 8 June 2009

You always get a warm reception and a great room. I have stayed here regularly over the past seven years.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
abvisouthbend, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

tmackCincinnati_OH,

We appreciate and thank you for your review. I’m glad that we’re able to provide you with a “warm reception and a great room” and look forward to your next visit here in South Bend.

Warmest regards,
Rick

Reviewed 28 April 2009

I checked many motels and hotels around Notre Dame , Best Inn was on average 50%
cheaper...our room was very clean.Your dealing directly with the owner and his wife, they appear to be very hands on...from taking the reservation , to check-in, to room cleaning.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ckd66

We appreciate very much for your comment. We looking
forward to you another stay.

Reviewed 16 August 2008

What a pleasant surprise! This property was very clean and well maintained. The room was on the small side, but certainly adequate for one night "on the road". Everything was clean, breakfast not fancy, but OK.
We would stay here again. Note, a phone call directly to the hotel provided a better rate than available on the internet.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NYTraveler0

Thank you for taking your time to write your review of the property.
We are always trying our best so that guest have a excellent stay.