“Outstanding Hotel”

Comfort Suites University Area
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
Reviewed 16 August 2012

our room was impeccably clean. Bed felt like home. breakfast was very good, love the orange juice. we would stay here again. Our in room jacuzzi hit the spot after a 425 mile motorcycle ride. we were on our way home from Sturgis, SD Motorcycle Rally.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Prankstermary1

Reviewed 1 July 2012

trash between bed and nightstand. door would not close air did not work heard elevator all night, moved to another room next night and found trash again. Rude girl at desk on check in could not handle phone and a problem same on Sun at check out rude man. dont go

Room Tip: don't stay don't block rooms either they will be all over hotel not together.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Judith E
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel due to a flight cancellation and I needed a place to sleep overnight. This hotel was filthy and gross!! There was trash in the hallways and elevators. The door to my room didn't even close properly. The door was separated from the door jam by an 1 1/2". The sheets had holes in them and the towels were very dingy. I had a 5:30am flight so I just sat in the desk chair all night. I was not about to lay in that bed or use the shower. Unfortunately everything in the area was booked because of camps at ND. Not only was this a nasty hotel, but the clerk at check in was not friendly at all. The only positive thing I can say is that the gentleman that drove the shuttle at 4:15 am was very friendly.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank VaMom7
A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I was greeted with less than expected hospitality. The clerk was not friendly and distant. Once I got into my room, I was disappointed to find my tub did not have the jets as promised in the upgraded price I paid. It was a nice hotel, just a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We stayed here during Memorial Weekend for a soccer tournament. This place had a good size room with a nice greeting area. There was easy access to this location, and easy access to the main roads. It was an average hotel stay. The only problems I had was that they used way to much chlorine in the pool. My kids eyes were buring after 5 minutes. Also I wished they would have taken more effort to clean up mess on the side walk were someone got sick. They just rinsed it off the edge, and when we were loading up the car it was a horrible stench.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We booked this hotel for our sons graduation from ND. After reading the previous review I didn't know what to expect. We are here now & this really is fine. Nothing to worry about. It is not a 5 star by any means but is decent and our room is clean. Bathroom was clean. A decent work area, micro & mini fridge & tiny coffee maker for 1 cup. We are in a room with 2 doubles & a sofa that pulls out. I think the previous reviewer was disgruntled guest. We hv usually stayed at the hilton garden inn or st, Mary's inn &suites but chose this because it was a lot cheaper for the graduation wkd. Only 1.5 miles from campus. I wldnt have any problem staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank linguica
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The room was terrible! There was poop all over the toilet in the bathroom! My little had to use it as soon as we got their. I was not about to clean it so I call down stairs and they were supposed to be up to clean it. The bed didn't look right so I checked the sheets and they were soaked with urine! By that time I was really getting irritated and still no one showed up to take care of the other situation . After a while longer I could no longer take it I was not about to stay with my little one in that nasty disgusting Rommel I will never ever go back their!

Room Tip: I will never come back to this comfort suites
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family