Ivy Court Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Morris Inn(South Bend)
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn South Bend(South Bend)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Aloft South Bend(South Bend)
View Hotel
All reviewsnotre dame campuscookiesiced teahash brownsreal eggshomemade salsaplace to staytouchdown jesusrooms are largebasketball gamebagelsthe location is perfecteddy street commonswonderful breakfaststaff was very friendlybed and breakfastdefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The people who work at the Ivy Court Inn were very nice, from the front desk to the breakfast to the cleaning people. The breakfast area is nicely maintained in the morning with a variety of items for a healthy breakfast to start the day. The room I had was very large with two queen beds, a table sitting area, mini kitchen area, a large sink area and separate shower/toilet room (and it wasn't considered a "suite" room). The Inn is located on the edge of Notre Dame campus and seems to be the Inn of choice for visiting scholars. So it seemed to me to be really an adult hotel. The bed were not really plushly padded, but were fine since I was very tired by the time I got back to go to sleep. The beds were not pillow tops or anything extra comfortable as in some hotels. Additionally, I would say this because it is definitely not soundproof. The Inn supplies ear plugs ostensibly for the road noise on the semi-busy road bordering one side of the Inn, but I requested them for the noise that was transmitting between rooms and from the hallway. The Inn was not at all fully occupied during my visit, so that made it fine if you don't mind wearing earplugs to sleep. Don't know what the noise level might be during the football season! The only complaint that I had on the service was that the toilet was not working well (going down very slowly). I requested that it be fixed during the day and it wasn't. The night clerk brought me a plunger and let me do it myself!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mommy23Dc
Reviewed 14 March 2012

From the initial phone call to the last "take care" it was quite nice to have people treat you like they actually do want your business. The rooms are very clean. Usually rooms this inviting cost at least twice as much as Ivory Court charges a night. The whole experience was great. Very highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Bail43
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This was my first visit to the Ivy Court when my son and I travelled out to see the Notre Dame campus. My worst nightmare came true, however, when I found out my departing flight out of South Bend Airport was cancelled due to weather. Thank God Jen, the Sales Manager, was at the desk that morning because she became my Guardian Angel that day. She made numerous phone calls for me to try to find an alternative means of transportation to Chicago where I needed to catch my connecting flight. When she found out there was a bus leaving Notre Dame and heading to O'Hare Airport in an hour she personally drove my son and I to the bus stop to make sure we wouldn't miss it!! If it wasn't for Jen I never would have made it home that evening. I felt like she treated me like family! Not to mention the hotel was great, the location convenient to Notre Dame, and the complimentary breakfast outstanding!! I will never stay anywhere else but the Ivy Court when traveling to South Bend.
Thanks Jen for all you did - you went above and beyond for us!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank joannm1965
Reviewed 22 February 2012

There was a mix up in our reservations (caused entirely by me). When we finally got a room across town, the manager Jennifer Thomas called a cab for us. When informed it would be a half hour wait, she got someone to take us IN HER CAR. I would highly recommend this hotel. We have stayed at the hotel many times and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank william m
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stay in hotels in the MI, IL, and IN on average 6 nights per month. This was my first time staying at this hotel. Generally I stay in chain hotels but I decided to give this place a try. If you are looking for a hotel located close to ND this would be a good place to stay. If you are looking for a good quality I would probably look in a different direction.
The staff was very friendly and helpfull. However.....
I could hear just about everything going on around my room due to very thin walls!! I felt like I was in a tent. Above the bed there was a horrible patch job on the ceiling. Personally, if given the option I would try to avoid this place.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business