“Happened upon by chance”

Ivy Court Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Driving through Indiana on a trip to Iowa from NYC. South Bend sounded familiar. Oh yeah Norte Dame. :) Found this place on google search of places to stay. Great reviews, great price amd great location..sold! Nice building, lobby with cookies and beverages, spacious rooms with comfortable beds. Can't ask for me. Really glad we stopped here. Feels like a quaint in with all the ammenties includinf free wifi & breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dp2170

Reviewed 22 August 2012

My hubby booked this hotel via Hotwire while I was driving our van in Michigan. We needed a place to rest our heads that night with our 3 noisy boys. We didn't want to pay much because we knew we'd get in late and leave by 9am, so the hubby booked the cheapest room ($45) available and it was the Ivy. We were very surprised. Check in was easy. The rooms were newly redecorated and spacious and clean. The beds were very comfy after a very long van ride. The breakfast is awesome and my boys filled up quickly and gave it an A++ rating which my boys rarely give hotel breakfasts. This hotel is located right across the street from Notre Dame and easy to find from I-80.

A few drawbacks: I could hear my neighbors and I have no doubt they heard my 7 year throw a temper tantrum over taking a bath and my impatient response after a long day of driving. Also, the hot water takes a long time to reach the faucets.

Overall, we were very happy about our stay at the Ivy.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank saustin
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I reserved this blindly on Hotwire and was quite scared of what I was going to get for $40. I must say I was quite happy with the room I got. The bed was quite comfortable and was happy with the cleanliness of everything. I was on the end of the hall and didn't experience any noise other than the occasional door slam. It's just off the ND campus so if you need the location it's an excellent place. The breakfast was pretty good too. It's nice to have something besides cold cereal and a waffle for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank dewin78
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I have stayed here many times over the past few years. Word of warning (if you are not a football fan): Don't try to stay here for ND game weekends. It is likely not available,
costs more, and the crowds are insane. Otherwise a great place. Clean, friendly, decent breakfast. You can bike from the hotel to ND/SB trails along river. Ivy Court rents bikes too.
This is a good location to Toll Road and the surrounding South Bend area.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeffw3
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The location is GREAT. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was decent. The walls, are paper thin. You heard everything in other rooms. You can even here the toilets flushing. Not to mention if someone showers or runs bath water. Then you get to hear the water heater fill back up. So it was just OK.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Wanting to be close to ND campus without a large complex, this was a perfect setting. Much more intimate than traditional hotels. Very clean, accommodating staff and very comfortable beds. Just perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DHawk455
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed here one night with my handicapped son. DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE! We made our reservation through Orbitz and specifically requested an acessible room. Upon check in we were treated rudely because of our service dog. As we went to board the elevator the doors closed after a few seconds, closing on my sons wheelchair. Even though we were holding the door open button. Once we got to the room, we couldnt get my son in the room due to two large ottomans placed at the end of the bed. After we moved the ottomans, I checked and realized it was not an accessible room. I went downstairs to request a room change. I was told that they don't have handicapped acessible rooms. This is a violation of ADA policy since this property has been remodeled recently. I asked to speak to a manager and was told they didnt work on weekends. I then asked for maintinence to remove the ottomans so my son could manuever in the room. I was told that they didnt have any one that could do this either. This is another ADA violation as a hotel is required to remove any obstructions to a person in a wheelchair. After making three attempts to solve our situation, I told the front desk attendent I would never return to this hotel again and returned to my room. A few minutes later the room phone rang and the front desk said they were sending someone up to remove the ottomans and yelled at me for being rude to her. I tried three times to solve our problem nicely. She was the one being rude. Not only will I not return to this hotel, I will not return to the brand chain wide.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank ksully357
hgoralski, General Manager at Ivy Court Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Valued Customer - I sincerely apologize for all of the issues you had during your stay at our property. Do to being a "one of a kind" and only having 49 rooms, we have very limited handicap accessible facilities/rooms and our guests normally request them directly with our hotel. We are so sorry that the online process does not explain the capacity, or availability of these types of rooms. We do not normally load these rooms in our online inventory, thus the issue with accommodating your needs. The staff person you mentioned, will be made aware of your comments. We hold the highest customer service standards here, and if they can not comply, they will be eliminated. If there is anything I can do to rectify the situation, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you so much for your comments. We will make sure to let your onsite provider know about promising our room types that are not in their system.