“The BEST hospitality staff you will ever find!! They go beyond to make your stay incredible!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ivy Court Inn & Suites

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
GreenLeadersBronze level
Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My son loved his beautiful room there. He was very thrilled by the whole Ivy Court experience. He has a great passion for photography and loved wandering around the Notre Dame Campus, which is right across the street from the hotel. He captured many great pics. He felt so at home there and was treated like gold by the staff. They are all extremely friendly & helpful and go out of their way to make your stay the best ever! The staff truly cares about the guests staying there and aim to make their stay a memorable one. The Front Desk staff even packed a healthy goodie bag for my son because he was rushing off to catch a bus to bring him back home to Michigan and was super hungry with no time to stop for food. That is impressive! Customer Service to the MAX is what you find here at Ivy Court. I can't wait until summer when our family will head back there for a few wonderful days in such pleasant accomodations. You get so much for your money staying there - the price is great! Thanks to everyone at the Ivy Court. You are BESTEST!!

Green Features: The kindest and friendliest people you will ever find in the hospitality industry work at this hotel. They will do everything in their power to make your stay wonderful. They are very sincere and truly care about their guests. Refreshing!! Excellent concept!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer1404, Director of Sales at Ivy Court Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Hi Sandra B,

Thank you so much for such an amazing review! We truly appreciate our guest and enjoy making their stay the best we can. I remember your son and I have to say you did an awesome job with him, he was so polite! We look forward to you coming back to see us this summer and again thank you!

See ya soon

Ivy Court Inn & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Our stay at the Ivy Court was great. The complimentary breakfast is excellent. We loved having bicycle rental available! While the hotel is across the street from the Notre Dame campus (by the softball field), it is still a long way to get to the main area of campus, so it's easier to bike or drive. Complimentary tea, coffee, and cookies available at the front desk 24 hours/day is another benefit.

We would have preferred adjoining rooms, which are in short supply at this small hotel. The kids would have liked child-sized bikes or a swimming pool, but we obviously didn't expect either of those. The pillows were too over-stuffed for our tastes, but that is typical of most hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brandon G, General Manager at Ivy Court Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Hi Mel A,
Thank you for staying with us! Your feedback is very helpful to us and I hope it will help others in their hunt for a great hotel room when visiting South Bend/Notre Dame. We are a small hotel with only 49 rooms but they are larger than traditional hotel rooms and there are many different layouts. I hope that you had one you liked and on your next visit we will do what we can to get you in to an adjoining room. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our bike rental. March is not always bike friendly in South Bend.
Also… Thanks to your thoughts on the pillows we are working on having some different options for our guests.
Looking forward to your next visit!
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Ivy Court Inn on a recent trip to visit Notre Dame. Our stay could not have been better. Front desk was very hospitable and helped us with directions to campus and the Ivy Court's map was better than the one ND sent us. The hotel is literally across the street from ND campus. The breakfast is delicious and offers something to suit every taste. We probably had more than our share of their delicious cookies, but they never seemed to run out.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kay H
Brandon G, General Manager at Ivy Court Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Hi Kay H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town, cookies and all!

Kind Regards,
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I was passing through Indiana and found Ivy Court on Trip Advisor. The $85 price was right and I got to pick my room size and floor. The room was great and the bed so comfortable. The Inn has a homey look. I felt at home in my room instead of the normal hotel look. A few miles off the interstate but don't miss this gem.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Hi xearon,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We take pride in being different from the traditional hotel. It gives us the opportunity to offer a different experience and we are always glad to hear when our guest enjoy that experience. Please come stay with us again!

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I love Ivy Court. The staff are fabulous and pay attention to every detail. I have stayed here since my daughter and fiancé moved here so he could finish his PhD. I stayed here to help plan their wedding; I was here when they got pregnant and needed someone to help with cat box duty; I stayed here 10 days when my grandson was born... I was available to help but not on top of them in their tiny house. And I stay when there is any opportunity to babysit, nurse any of the family back to health, or just play with my grandson. I have stayed every Christmas for the last 3 years; It truly is my home away from home. I make the staff look at pictures of my grandson, and they put up with me and even share their own stories. Extremely clean, great breakfast, and always attentive when necessary. I would stay no where else in South Bend.

Stayed December 2013
Jennifer1404, Director of Sales at Ivy Court Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hi Maureen,

I want to say thank you from all of us at the Ivy Court! You have become like family to us and your stories and photos always make our day! (Not to mention all the amazing treats you bring for the staff to share!) As always, we look forward to your visit, and can't wait to see how the little guy has grown.

See you soon!

Jen Thomas & Lauren Pineda
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Every time I come to town to visit family, I stay at Ivy Court Inn & Suites. It has become my "home" when I come home. The breakfast is always fresh, unlike most other hotels who serve frozen items. The size of their rooms are bigger than most and the cookies in the lobby are an added bonus.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hello Ryan L,

Thank you so much for choosing the Ivy Court Inn & Suites when visiting our area. It is great to hear that our guests enjoy our full hot buffet breakfast and the warm cookies we provide daily. It is truly our pleasure having you as a guest at our hotel, but it makes it that much sweeter to know we are your home away from home!

Hope to see you soon!

South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

The beautiful rooms, the great customer service from the staff, the free breakfast with probably the best food one can even imagine is one thing you don't get at a majority of hotels around here. Anytime my family comes to town I know who I will be calling, Jen Thomas! She has always been there to make sure I can see my family and that my family is comfortable. I really enjoy the coffee station in the lobby!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hi Tiffany B.

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking time to post your review. I am so glad that your family enjoys staying at the Ivy Court Inn & Suites when coming to South Bend. We all look forward to seeing them back here in April.

Thanks Again