“Great Value and Close to Notre Dame”

Ivy Court Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati
“Great Value and Close to Notre Dame”
Reviewed 29 July 2010

The location was about as close to Notre Dame as you can get, and certainly within walking distance. The room was modern and very clean. Our rate was very economical and that was a great advantage. Our navigation system did not have the street so we had to drive around a bit to find it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank LiketoeatCincinnati

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Eau Claire WI
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We drove up to the beautiful wrap around front porch with rockers and gardens. Large shade trees surround the property. We were checked in by Katie at the front desk. She was very helpful and friendly. The room itself was clean and newly decorated. The bathroom also very clean and newly refurbished. You could see Notre Dame stadium from the room.
We spend some time with our son down in the game room with its large screen TV and comfy couches. Breakfast the next morning was delicious with many choices including cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage and fresh made Belgium waffles! We will stay again and tell all of our friends!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank Onesowner
Hyattsville, Maryland
Reviewed 4 May 2010

I was really impressed with the service, even when i arrived tired to the hotel, the welcome sign with my name on it brightened me up a bit and made me feel real welcome and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was very well thought out in that they had a variety of breakfast foods for you to choose from. The front desk people were very sweet and helpful i.e Jeff and the young lady who drives 45 mins. to work there with blond hair and glasses (sorry i forgot your name) and the young hispanic woman who helped me with waffle iron. The service was beyond excellent and there was always someone around willing to help. I was recommended a cab service that was considered best in the area, but I am here to tell Inn stayers/visitors that American Cab is also a really good service...They are friendly, helpful, and reasonably price, and they are well rounded to the area (ask for Terry if you ever call them). I will be back to come down for a fishing trip and highly recommend anyone to come on down.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
7 Thank Kathy_Constantin
st louis
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Extremely friendly staff, cozy atmosphere, great breakfast, very comfortable beds, extemely convenient to Notre Dame( walk to campus)

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank gipper
Brisbane
Reviewed 29 December 2009

If you are in town for anything related to Notre Dame, you couldn't ask for a better location. Clean, well-priced, well-located and with a nce breakfast spread. I would stay here again in an instant.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
7 Thank Realistic_Oz
LosAngeles, CA
Reviewed 1 March 2009

After reading the reviews, I booked this hotel for my son's overnight visit to Notre Dame. It is one of the closest hotels to Notre Dame, however, it's still a 30 minute walk to the Main Building. I found the best value by going through the web site. I was unable to book through the web site, but when I called I was able to get the web site price, which was lower than the price I would have gotten if I had just called.

My room was a two room suite in the building across the small parking lot from the lobby and breakfast room. One room had a king bed and the other a pull out queen bed. There was nothing wrong with the room and it was larger than many other hotels I've stayed in, however, the heater situated right next to the bed was so loud that when it turned on you couldn't hear the TV from the bed so it was necessary to continually change the volume of the TV as the heater cycled.

The breakfast was a cut above most hotels in this class as the hot breakfast portion was fresher. One morning I went near the end of the serving when there was a mad rush of college athletes. Many items such as creme cheese were gone and not being replenished. However, other days when I went earlier for breakfast, everything was replaced once used.

The staff wasn't as friendly as the reviews published, however, they answered my questions and even called a cab for me upon my request. Again, this isn't a complaint, I just expected a more "homey" feel.

I would consider staying here again especially if I was also attending a football game as the stadium is just across the street. They had fresh baked chocolate cookies in the lobby in the afternoon and free internet which worked well.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank USTraveler0222
Indianapolis
Reviewed 12 January 2009

There was nothing 'wrong' with the hotel or my stay there, but neither was there much about it I would consider outstanding. It was adequate. The room itself was small but comfortable enough and equipped with what you would expect of a decent hotel in its price range.
Because of its size, it felt a bit more 'homey' than most places that tend to feel much more generic.
The gathering room in the basement level would probably be a fun place for families or for groups on a ND football weekend.
Its location is fantastic for ND events, especially football. Many rooms look out over the stadium across the street.
The breakfast was a step or two above that of most hotels in the same price range. It isn't a reason in itself to stay there, but it is a nice amenity.
It was a pleasant stay. Nice enough so as not to produce any complaints, but nothing I'd rush to tell others about.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bbsfinest