“A beautiful throwback!”

Morris Performing Arts Center
Ranked #9 of 55 things to do in South Bend
More attraction details
Owner description: The HOTTEST tickets in town are at the MAGNIFICENT MORRIS! Originally opened in 1922, The MAGNIFICENT Morris is listed in the National Historic Register and completed a restoration and renovation process in 2000 of the stage house and interior restored to its original vaudeville splendor. The Morris is the HOTTEST TICKET in Northwest Indiana for live entertainment! The theater hosts a wide variety of concerts, national Broadway touring musicals, symphony..., Dance, comedians, children's/family shows, and is home to the South Bend Symphony Orchestra and Broadway Theatre League. The Morris has a seating capacity of 2,564 and is consistently ranked by Pollstar concert industry magazine among the top 100 theaters worldwide. The Morris has been awarded a "Prime Site Award" by Facilities Magazine for several years (voted on by over 10,000 people in the entertainment industry - booking agents, promoters, talent buyers and special event planners.)
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My wife and I came to the Morris on 7/14 for the Harry Connick Jr performance. This theater is gorgeous, like something out of the roaring 20's, I suppose. The acoustics were fantastic as well. We had front row orchestra seats and the stage tapestries appearance was majestic, will definitely come back for another show!

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"stage"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Have attended a couple of shows at the Morris. This old theater still has vintage charm. Seats are reasonably comfortable and sight-lines from floor seats are mostly good. We saw CSN and Gordon Lightfoot there. Not a bad place for a concert.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We recently saw Wicked at the Morris Performing Arts Center. For our night out, we parked in the lot right next to the theatre for $10. We then dined in the Bistro (mini buffet) on the lower level of the theatre. They offered 3 meats, soup, salad, vegetable, potato, rolls and a wide variety of wonderful desserts for $25 per person. There was a full cash bar available as well as complimentary coffee, tea, and soft drinks. The food was excellent, and the convenience was well worth the cost. The theatre itself is beautiful! Our seats were on the main floor in the back with the sound booth? right behind us. It was a bit warm in the theatre where we were seated. I do not know if they were having an air conditioning problem or if that area is warm because the balconies are overhead and booth behind. The show itself was fantastic! It was our first time seeing a performance of Wicked, but I am sure it will not be our last!

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I recently saw Wicked at the Morris Performing Arts Center and, having never been to even South Bend before, I had no idea what this place would be like. The building itself is simply gorgeous - from walls to ceilings, everything makes you feel like you're in an old theatre in Europe. The only "negative" is probably the seats themselves - not very comfortable. Otherwise, this is an amazing theatre for atmosphere. It didn't seem like you'd get a bad seat in the whole place either.