“Beautiful!”

Morris Performing Arts Center
Ranked #9 of 53 things to do in South Bend
More attraction details
Owner description: The HOTTEST tickets in town are at the MAGNIFICENT MORRIS! Originally opened in 1922, The MAGNIFICENT Morris is listed in the National Historic Register and completed a restoration and renovation process in 2000 of the stage house and interior restored to its original vaudeville splendor. The Morris is the HOTTEST TICKET in Northwest Indiana for live entertainment! The theater hosts a wide variety of concerts, national Broadway touring musicals, symphony..., Dance, comedians, children's/family shows, and is home to the South Bend Symphony Orchestra and Broadway Theatre League. The Morris has a seating capacity of 2,564 and is consistently ranked by Pollstar concert industry magazine among the top 100 theaters worldwide. The Morris has been awarded a "Prime Site Award" by Facilities Magazine for several years (voted on by over 10,000 people in the entertainment industry - booking agents, promoters, talent buyers and special event planners.)
South Bend, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This place is beautiful and I have been there many times to see shows like STOMP and Gabriel Iglesias.

The place is beautiful and the service and help from staff is excellent!

Seats are a little tight, but I always sit between people I know.

Visited October 2013
Mary S, Director of Marketing & Promotions at Morris Performing Arts Center, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
We're happy to hear that you enjoy your experiences at the Morris! The theater does have some larger seats on the main floor. Patrons can call the Box Office at 574-235-9190 or 800-537-6415 and staff will be happy to assist with these seat locations.

South Bend, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Totally Offended”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Last night 11/02/2013 I visited this center for the first time, to see the earth wind and fire concert. First off''''''If you are taller than 6ft and 'god forbid your weight Is over270-300LB As I am 6-4 and bout 290'''I could not sit down In these very''SMALL"""SMALL''''and very'''TIGHT""TIGHT''''seats...Now'''''''I can understand that there was an remodel done''''and I'm sure the objective was to maximize profit'''''''''Okay, but this was total over 'kill''''those seats up top'''(where I was, first balcony.....Are just 'crazy'''to small and tight.....Having said all this, to further 'spoil'''my evening, a very''RUDE"''and "NASTY''''usher came by and said''WHY CANT YOU SIT''''like I was a dog or something....I tried to tell her that I literally could not sit 'unless'''I put the seat''In the up'right position''''and sit on the edge of the seat''(man'' did that hurt 'the butt) She was not
trying to hear non''of it''''and was very nasty''and rude........Telling that I was "BLOCKING''''the view....First of all my seat was In front of the stairs leading to the ''upper''balcony...therefore nobody's line of sight....which the other 'ushers tried to tell her.....This ladys Name I'm told''Is MARGRET''''''She was very rude'''and seemed to be quite racist'''''as there were plenty of white folk'''''standing'''shouting''''''In front Of people.....But she some how Only''''''approached ''ME..... As I am afro''american.......I was totally offended'''''

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sbend137
Mary S, Assistant Director - Administration & Marketing at Morris Performing Arts Center, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
The Morris does have different size seats and does have larger seats in the theater to accommodate larger size people. When purchasing tickets, patrons can inquire at the Morris Box Office about the location of larger seats. If there is a seating problem the night of a show such as seat size, view of stage, person seated in row ahead wearing large hat, etc., patrons can go to the Box Office and staff will try to relocate the person to a different seat. Although the Morris was almost sold out for the Earth, Wind & Fire concert on 11/02/2013, we are sorry that one of the volunteer ushers did not offer to assist you with this.

We will certainly look into your comments about the usher's attitude and will take appropriate action.
Quogue, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“great venue”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

great venue - easy access - good prices - great shows!

The venue is very comfortable, the access by car is very easy and the building is a great venue for a show.

The prices are very affordable/reasonable and you can see great performers -- sign up for presale info.

Visited September 2013
Loveland, Colorado
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great Fun!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have been here a few times to see concerts, the South Bend Symphony Orchestra, and even Wicked. I love the atmosphere of the Morris and I love what it brings to South Bend. The nice thing is that there really MANY great seats at an affordable price here. I have been near the front stage and almost as far away as you could get. I don't like the far away seats too much but I will say that even then, you can greatly enjoy any show from up there, but it is harder to see. I do try to not get up in the 3rd balcony if I can help it.

The theater itself is also very beautiful. I love going sometimes just to look around! I love the historic feel to the theater and just enjoy the atmosphere every time I go. I also love that it is so close to many great South Ben restaurants. I highly recommend coming early for good parking, sitting down to enjoy a great dinner, and then ending the evening at the Morris. It'll be a wonderful experience!

Visited May 2013
Northern Indiana
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Local treasure”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hold season tix for Broadway series and see several other performances. Great views and an overall great venue. Parking is not a problem.

Visited June 2013