“Yum, yum yum”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
South Bend, Indiana
“Yum, yum yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Absolutely delicious sweet treats of all kinds
Try the Italian wedding cake. Delicious for any occasion

• Visited May 2014

Orlando
“Excellent salads and sandwiches (plus desserts)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

It's been a while since I visited the downtown Macri's, but I am glad I did at this visit back to South Bend. The desserts are still outstanding and the lunch service and food were worth the trip back. I had the chicken cobb salad that was loaded with everything and tasted wonderfully. My friend had one of the chicken wraps and loved it. Staff is professional, friendly and very prompt.

Visited June 2014
Muncie, Indiana
“Canoli!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were traveling through and saw the words "Italian Bakery," and we looked at each other and said "Canoli!" Confirmation enough -- we knew where we were headed next! We were pleasantly surprised as this is more than a bakery -- it is a deli, authentic Italian grocery, and sandwich shop, too. And, at the same location is a nicer, sit-down restaurant type restaurant. We selected a box full of beautiful canoli, another box with tea cakes and a loaf of ciabatta from the bakery, olives, and a fresh mozz & tomato salad from the deli, and then we shared an Italian grinder sandwich. Finally we picked up some fun varieties of pasta. You would have thought that our bill would have been huge, but it was very very reasonable! We took the spoils of our find on the road, and shared them with family ... who hoarded the leftovers ... looks like we might have to make another road trip soon to visit this gem of a spot!

• Visited May 2014
bangor, me
“Nice spot fo lunch. More than a bakery.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Here's my deal, I know stuff. Actually, strike that, I rely on other people who know stuff to tell me what stuff I need to know and then by proxy I know stuff. Ya know?

My secret talent is picking places to eat. I use reviews (what up TripAdvisor!), intuition, subtle feedback from those eating with me, and a shiny heads-only quarter. Don't mess with my system, I'm never wrong. Step yo game up.

Sometimes I even pick a place that doesn't seem like a perfect fit for a member of my crew just so I can challenge myself. This is one of those instances.

I was traveling with a mixed crew - kids, older (read: old) people, etc. The pressure was on.

I saw the reviews for Macri's and it looked legit (spoiler alert, it is legit, sorry if you haven't seen season two yet). Sandwiches, baked goods, etc. Let's do this.

We roll up in there and someone in my crew said "a bakery? You took us to a bakery?" Yep. Totes did. Grab a sando and sit down. Sit down and enjoy that beautiful toasty pile of meats and cheeses on focaccia. Do it. And so they did. And it was glorious.

And that's how I know stuff.

Oh, all the baked goods are banging too. Trust.

1 Thank skimaine
Plainfield, Indiana
“Quick lunch option.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was in town for business and found this restaurant close to the meeting location. I ordered a sandwich and artichoke salad. The fresh bread was amazing and made a great sandwich. The food was good and large portions.

• Visited October 2013