“Great Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Description: Http://www.volcanosb.com/home
Description: Http://www.volcanosb.com/home
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stopped in here because of the convenient location while we were leaving the airport. The place has a nice atmosphere and the food was terrific. My only warning, and it's not a complaint, is be prepared to wait quite awhile for the food. Again, it's not a complaint. I understand that the food takes time especially when it is homemade. It is probably not the type of place you would want to go for a "quick bite". Overall a great restaurant.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My friend and I visited Volcano, using the Trip Advisor recommendation. My friend got the veal parmesan, which he absolutely raved about--lots of mozzarella and quite tasty. On the other hand, I ordered the pizza. It was above average, but I have definitely had better. However, I took the rest back to the hotel and ate it the next day....and, it was better!! The atmosphere at the Volcano was very homey, and the pictures on the wall told an interesting story. I would certainly recommend this eatery to anybody!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I ate here many years ago and had no reason to return. However, I met a couple of friends here last week and a man, I assumed was the owner, seated me however, he was not particularly friendly. The waitress was ok but not exceptionally friendly. I was disappointed that they didn't have soup on the menu for lunch. They were a little pricey for lunch. I had cod and chips and it was adequate. Not in a hurry to return.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Waitress was totally accommodating and friendly. Food was very tasty. Nice menu selection. Close to the La Quinta, which is a plus.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I grew up in Chicago and ate my share of pizza in neighborhood mom & pop pizza places. Volcano is the ONLY place in South Bend area that has pizza that good. I have eaten "regular" meals at Volcano, too, and those are okay. But the pizza is what I usually go for. A plus is the welcoming atmosphere and staff. Even though I don't go very often (got too fat in general), they still recognize me and make me feel like I've come home.