“Dumpy and smokey but great perogi's”
Review of Anchor Inn - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Anchor Inn
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Dumpy, run down, old and filled with smoke. But if you go during the day it's not too bad - and the perogi's are incredible. I love the ones with sauerkraut. I would suggest not going here at night as this part of town has many problems..

Reviewed 4 October 2009

AYCE fish dinner was great (as it always has been).

Maybe a great place to go with the guys (after softball, after bowling, or just to raise hell) but don't take your wife, your family, or your friends unless they enjoy a coarse evirionment.

This bar is located in a not so great area and the clientele usually reflects it. My wife and I used to go here a lot but a few years ago we quit as the service and clientele deteriated. We recently (September 2009) gave it another try in the "family seating area". The service was the same; not frequent, not good, and not friendly when you were not recognized as a "regular". The clientele was again coarse with much inappropriate/foul language which was not only ignored by the staff but also joined into by one of the waitresses. A complaint when we paid/left was met by a grin and a "not much we can do about it .... maybe this isn't a place for you" comment .... which is correct .... there are a lot of other places in town with great fish .... we will not return here.

1  Thank jgxy1
Reviewed 9 July 2008

The surroundings are pretty shabby but it's worth it for the best all you can eat fish on Friday lunch I've ever had - anywhere. The waitresses are friendly and quick.

Reviewed 23 October 2006

Aside from the points made in the title, I can only say that it's become a very hot venue for bands. Not only the hottest South Bend bands have played but even international acts such as Morello.

My personal favorites are Memorial Ash, Driven, Dendra, The Swarm, Signal, Sonic Ash, etc.

They have a Myspace as well with info on shows.

Awesome place.