“Worst Food of the Year”

East Bank Emporium Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
East Bank Emporium Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 318 Restaurants in South Bend
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Niles & Jefferson
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had stopped for lunch because it looked like the view was nice. I ordered the Quiche Lorraine. What was brought to me was a side salad the size of a main course, but with old lettuce. It was badly wilted and then fresh cucumbers and cheese to hide the age of the lettuce. When I received the quiche it must have been frozen because the crust was raw and the top had to have been put under a broiler because it was burnt. Service was just ok. Nothing special to report. We left feeling very disappointed and ripped off.

1  Thank Sheri J

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stopped here to have lunch before touring the Notre Dame campus. There were many cars out front, (which is why we stopped), but there were few people inside. When you get the menu, be sure to read the history of the building...very interesting! (So were the light fixtures throughout.) We ordered burgers, chicken strips and their famous chicken salad pita. It was all okay, but nothing exceptional.

1  Thank ronandcheryl
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This place was recommended by our hotel. Went there for lunch and were seated immediately. Our server was very friendly and recommended the chicken salad pita sandwich. Two people in our party ordered it. Melts in your mouth. Found out they were open until 10:30 so we went back for a late dessert and sat outside. Enjoyed numerous fireworks displays around the city. Wish we were staying longer so we could go back.

2  Thank Valschulte
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The East Bank Emporium offers an interesting variety of good food at reasonable prices, with a fine view of the St. Joseph River and Century Center. The best views, in good weather of course, are from the small open deck. The restaurant is located just across the river from downtown South Bend, an easy walk from the DoubleTree hotel.

2  Thank PJF158
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We got a coupon for this restaurant, and it didn't come close to making it worth it. When we went in(probably around 4 or 5 o'clock) and the place was barren except a few people at the bar, bad sign, but I like privacy so, it was ok with me. Looking at the menu and the prices, I had certain expectations, which were squashed as soon as the appetizers came out. We got fried calamari and crab cakes. I believe it was $8 for the crab cakes appetizer...which was 2 crab cakes. I am no chef admittedly, but I have made salmon patties at home that tasted more like crab cakes, and the calamari was in the shape of fish sticks(and tasted a little too similar to them)...which I have never seen before. The entrees were just, a mess. There was no redeeming factors to this place for me. I have literally NEVER been upset with food, this was just...the worst restaurant I have ever eaten at, no competition.