“Good value”

Elia's Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #62 of 308 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned and operated establishment, located at our new location on 2128 South Bend Ave, across the street from Martin's, near the corner of SR23 and Ironwood.We strive to provide a warm and friendly atmosphere with traditional Mediterranean cuisine with many meat and vegetarian menu options. If you want a unique, warm, and tasteful dining experience, Elia’s is the pace to be.
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I'm not a huge Mediterranean food fan but there's little not to like about Elia's. They have good prices and good portions of food.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Friday night dinner with the wife. Had read on TA that Elia's was the spot for Mediterranean cuisine in South Bend.
Well the Hummus was good but the Pita was store bought and not the best pita that I have had from stores we shop at. Meat filled grape leaves were very good. From there the dinner went downhill. The wife had a Gyro, which shouldn't be hard to screw up, but this place seemed to screw it up in spades. First off, the Gyro meat was not fresh but the pre-sliced frozen kind that you get then throw it on a skillet to heat up (YUCK). Gyro also came with a sad little pita that was different than that served with hummus, but also store bought and not of great quality. Also her Gyro came with a Greek salad that other than pickled onions and some Feta was hardly Greek, maybe some good olives instead of the pimento greenies would have been a better choice.
Had read that the Beef Shwarma was good so I ordered that. First off, I've had shwarma of all kinds Chicken, shrimp, and yes beef. This was so far from anything that I have had called shwarma that I thought maybe they got it wrong from the kitchen. It was stewed beef meat with onions and tomatoes. And I have never had shwarma that resembled stew in all my life. Maybe they do it different in Palestine? And even though it was stewed, the beef was dry and mealy.
Didn't finish it, the wife didn't finish hers. We left after paying the bill which was ridiculous considering the poor food quality. Will never go back, EVER!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We thought the food was pretty good, but quite expensive. Healthy choices. Authentic food. Parking rather limited.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Nice place for eat in or take out. Quiet place for lunch and if you tell them you are pressed for time, they will work with you. I love the garlic paste and pita appetizer. The hoummus and kibbee ball are great too. I am always torn for the entrée - beef shawarma or Hashwi of kafta? They are all winners.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Whenever I eat out I'm always looking for places where I can easily eat vegan but where my non-vegan friends will also have plenty of options. This place was the perfect choice for lunch. The falafel and hummus were exactly what I wanted. Prices are reasonable.

1  Thank Stephanie P