“Cozy authentic feeling Irish pub”

Fiddler's Hearth Public House
Ranked #2 of 293 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belleville
“Cozy authentic feeling Irish pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stopped in for lunch during a weekday, so it was not very crowded. We loved the atmosphere--lots of old pictures of police and fire departments. I had the reuben sandwich and my companion had the lamb-beef sandwich. They were both delicious. They have a very nice beer selection. We would definitely come back again.

• Visited October 2013

Dublin / Indiana
“Don't know where I'd be without Fiddler's...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I'm a Dubliner who's lived in South Bend for almost six years, and Fiddler's is my local. I've spent some very good times here. The day I gave birth to my son, my husband went to Fiddler's to pick us up burgers and chips to celebrate! He smuggled them into the hospital, along with some salt and vinegar canisters the friendly staff sent us.

I've had good friends who used to play at the open mic and have a wild time. For a long while, before my son was born, my husband and I used to come here every Sunday evening, when it's lovely and quiet, for a pint of Guinness while doing our homework (we're both students.) And whenever we've had really bad hangovers we've come here for our full Irish breakfast (and the odd Bloody Mary.)

So I don't know where I'd be without Fiddler's. I've rated it "very good," though. rather than "excellent." It's pricey. Which would be fine, if the food was reliably satisfying - but it's just not. It tends to be slightly disappointing, just ever so slightly. If Fiddler's could just up its game in the kitchen, it would be perfect.

• Visited September 2013
Massachusetts
“great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have frequented Fiddler's on a number of occasions and have had a great experience each time. We love the atmosphere, the beer, the food and the wait staff. The informal atmosphere and accommodating staff make the experience very enjoyable. On a few occasions we have had the chance to hear informal musical sessions which just add to the ambiance. We appreciate the freshness and authenticity of the food and have never been disappointed. It truly is a gem in South Bend.

• Visited August 2013
“An Authentic Irish Experience ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Stopped in before a Notre Dame game (we were visiting from out of town to watch our Spartans play the Irish)... We wanted to try something different and local and decided on Fiddlers from TripAdvisor reviews.
It wasn't what we expected but was still enjoyable. Everybody commented on how great the food was and our table tried quite a bit off the menu, but nothing stood out to us as amazing. But drinks were good! Socializing pre-game great! But not the place to go to watch a game. Only a little bar area and a few small tvs. I'd recommend comming here but I wouldn't go back. I've experienced it once and I'm on to my next Irish joint!

Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic Environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I loved the atmosphere in Fiddler's Hearth and the laidback vibe. The staff was super friendly and helpful.

Visited October 2013