“1 Night in South Bend”

Sleep Inn South Bend
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Our family of four stayed at the Sleep Inn in South Bend for one night on a recent road trip. The hotel appears to be somewhat newly updated. Carpeting appears new and breakfast area appears newly decorated. We had a room with 2 queen beds. The room size was decent. The room had a frig and microwave. Our bathroom had a large shower, no tub. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. The staff was very nice and the free breakfast was good. The location of the hotel though was on the outskirts of the wrong side of town. We wanted to visit Notre Dame before leaving town and realized we were on the opposite side of South Bend than the University. We found it best to not go through the downtown area but to head back out to the Interstate and take the exit closest to campus, a little out of the way.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dapakade321

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed here for my son's tennis tournament at Notre Dame (an easy 12 minute drive).Very comfortable and clean hotel with everything well kept. The hot breakfast was delicious with many choices including protein such as omelets, sausage and biscuits, bacon, and sausage patties. The staff were all genuiniely friendly and seemed like they wanted to help you and enjoyed their jobs. I will stay again when I retun to the area.

Room Tip: Lots of kids sporting activities in South Bend. Best to be on the top floor on the ends, I think, as...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bendan972016
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We stayed at the hotel during a hockey tournament. We loved the couple who ran the hotel. hands-on, they took a personal price in all they did. They worked at the front desk, served us a lovely hot breakfast, and went out of their way to help us throughout our stay. The hotel room was meticulously cleaned and the entire stay reflected the care and thoughtfulness of the management.

The hotel is located a few blocks from a small airport and a short drive to Notre Dame.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank indianhillmomma
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Our first trip to South Bend on 11/2/12 for a Notre Dame game was wonderful. We stayed at the Sleep Inn which was convenient but most of all friendly. I can not say enough about the staff , they were friendly, and all went out of their way to assist us in all of our needs. The complimentary breakfast was better than most and the attendant was excellent, catering to everyones needs.I called several times before our arrival with questions and JAY was very patient and informative. Jay Patel was at the front desk during our stay and went above and beyond to assist us on our first trip to Notre Dame-thanks Jay! We hope to stay at Sleep Inn in South Bend for another Notre Dame game in the future..
SINCERELY,
JEANNE PELTIER
Slidell, Louisiana

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank islandtime343
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Easy to find.
This is a well run hotel. We interacted with three front desk people and all were responsive and knowledgeable. The lobby and rooms are clean. All room facilities were in good working order. Breakfast fully stocked, on time, with a smile.
comfy bed though listed as a queen and that's a joke. Quiet.
Cleaning staff left the room OCD tidy. My compliments.
one con that is not unique to this hotel, right now their parking lot was an ice rink.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank desharri
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I stayed here due to late planning for a football game. Inflated prices for game day that do not cover amenities. free breakfast closes way too early so I didn't even see it. typical Choice brand hotel with prison like atmosphere and poor attempts at making rooms ornate. they clearly never do a proper "deep clean" once a month. Heating was either way too cold or warm...never could get temp right with the thermostat.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Riya P, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear FuzziB, I am very sorry that your experience at Sleep Inn, South Bend during ND home game weekend was not very pleasant. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hospitality is all about here at Sleep Inn hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area...

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I called to ask if we had a king or queen beds (I had prepaid for my hotel room through hotels.com), when they stated I had a king bed, I asked about switching to two queens, when they stated the hotel was sold out for the Notre Dame game we were going to, I said okay thanks, good bye. On our way to South Bend from Chicago that morning, I called to ask if our room was ready for early check in, they said no, but asked for my name, when I gave it to them, the manager explained that there was a $50 charge and that unless I paid it, they would cancel my reservation. They changed my room to two queens, which I did not request, I just asked about availability. The manager threatened to cancel my room several times, I told them we wanted the room and not to cancel it (we had just flown in from Georgia). We showed up at the hotel to check in and sign paperwork so that they manager didn't give the room away as he had threatened several times. Not only did they charge my credit card $50, but there were several other transactions, that were placed on my card, I disputed those with the credit card company and they were removed. These people are scammers trying to take money, hotel-goer beware!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa S

Dear Worldtraveller88888, I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel.Due to 3rd party booking (hotels.com) we do not have your contact information.Contacting hotel after booking does help you as well hotel especially during ND home games when hotels are booked 100%. Hotel can not make last minute changes to the room types reserved. I am very sorry to hear that your request to switch the room type was not honored. Please contact me directly so we can discuss further. I look forward to speaking with you.