“Wanted sleep.”

Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
Canton
“Wanted sleep.”
Reviewed 12 August 2008

Hotel stay started out fine for Sunday ,Monday and Tuesday. More GUESTS came in on Wednesday. Unfortunately, the other GUESTS where unattended girls. At 12:00 AM we requested them to stop running and screaming in the hall and that we would like some quiet time to sleep. Again at 1:00 AM and 2:00AM. I made a request at the front desk but since there was no adults in the girls rooms, the girls avoided the managment staff and didn't answer the door or phone. Once the girls knew the coast was clear, they started running the halls again. I personally had to sit in the hall way to make sure the girls I was with had a good nights sleep. We had garbage left in front of our doors from the other GUESTS restaurant stop , prank phone calls at odd hours of the night , dirty notes left under our doors , middle fingers displayed at various times of passing them in the hallways , ETC.. The management staff told us that we would be permitted to leave the hotel without penalty of early check out. WE WERE NOT THE PROBLEM. WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO LEAVE AND NOT THEM? They didn't even credit the bill for the inconvience. We were not the only ones complaining about the situation or that had the problem. I contacted Corporate offices but all they said they could do was issue me a gift certificate to stay at one of their other locations. I don't think I will ever stay at another Sleep Inn anywhere. I realize that all hotels are not managed the same and that one experience should not affect the rest of Sleep Inns ,but right now I have a bad taste from this one and it will take awhile to get over it.

• Liked — Not real busy.
  • Disliked — Noise level at night.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2008

My husband and I recently stayed here for a one night stopover during our cross-country move, therefore having our 3 cats with us.

For someone with pets, we were especially pleased that we paid a single fee of $10 extra to accomodate our 3 cats. There was no issue either with the fact that there were three animals to be staying in the room with us. With my AAA discount the room was about $70 + the pet fee - very reasonable for the room we received!!

The hotel is only about one year old, and this alone belies the state of the rooms. Everything is new and hasn't had much wear and tear to date. We had a king size bed and the decor of the room, to my amazement, was actually rather stylish! I actually LIKED the bedspread on the bed and the color scheme in all. No lame, floral bedspread or cheesy photos on the walls. It was a very nice room, seemingly a bit luxurious to me for the price! I can't tell you how many times we've paid about $150 for hotel rooms that were not nearly as nice as this room.

The bathroom was sparkling and huge. Plenty big enough for a litter box so no one had to trip over it. The bathroom is always the room I check seriously because it bothers me when there's too much rust and ancient fixtures - but of course this one was recently built, therefore having all new elements. It even had one interesting, but fantastic, aspect I'd never seen before - the shower rod is shaped like a half moon, half-circling away from the tub, so when you stand in the shower, you don't have to avoid touching the curtain! Wonderful! :)

I must add that the man at the front desk, Jay, was exceptionally polite and helpful to us when we checked in. I had called only an hour before we arrived to check their availability, since we were unsure how far we would be driving each day, and he was exceptionally nice. I am completely put off by a hotel with zero customer service, regardless the rate, but we had better treatment than we expected here.

The free breakfast next morning was surprizing to us, too. We've stayed at many a hotel with free breakfast and most breakfasts consist of a meager selection mostly of toast, muffins and fruit, etc, but this free spread held some items not the norm as most places, such as hardboiled eggs. There was toast, cereal, mini-croissants and danishes, fruit - basically a good amount to choose from in comparison to other hotels.

We stayed here because it was on our route through Indiana and because they allowed cats, but we noticed how close the hotel is to the South Bend Regional Airport, which means it would be very useful to someone with a stopover there, too.

• Liked — Brand new everything!
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dike, Iowa
Reviewed 26 March 2008

I found the Sleep Inn listed on a website of pet friendly properties. We used it as a stopping point on a 14 hour drive to see family. The rate was very reasonable: $74 plus a $10 pet fee. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodated our request for a room near the exit to make it easier with the dog. The property was new in 2007 and is spotless and in good condition. It is located near the SB airport and is maybe 5-7 minutes drive off the Toll Road. There is a 7-11 next door for snacks and drinks and affordable vending in the hotel. There is complementary breakfast (hot and cold choices) and an indoor pool and weight room (which we did not use). All in all an excellent choice!

• Liked — Cleanliness and friendly staff!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Cedar Rapids, IA
Reviewed 13 July 2007

A friend and I stayed at the Sleep Inn, in South Bend on 06/15/07. We just need a place to crash for the night and happened to pick this hotel. Turns out this is a new construction and they were having a special. I thought this hotel was very clean, beds comfortable. Very close to the airport. They have free continental breakfast that was actually good, especially because it was free.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)