“Delta Founders Day”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
Indianapolis, United States
“Delta Founders Day”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Pro: Great food, great service, great location and great accommodations. Updated modern furnishings. Con: Extra firm bed. Iced tea should have came with the conference meal along with the water and coffee.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jeff A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Leslie,

Glad to hear that you recieved good service and food at your meeting while you were here. I apologize that you didn't receive Iced Tea at your function and that you weren't satisfied with our beds. We do have the Garden Sleep Beds so if it wasn't set properly sometimes it can be too soft or too hard. We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Jeff Arthur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Columbia City, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Great location and easy access to Notre Dame. Very clean, nice, friendly staff. The breakfast buffet and made-to-order options were excellent. Great coffee and tea bar. No issues! Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jeff A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Meghan,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in South Bend. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our Bistro 933 for both breakfast and dinner! We can't wait to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I forgot my phone charger so the front desk found one for me to use right away! The room was clean and very comfortable. I ordered room service from the Bistro 933. I highly recommend the fish tacos..not your typical hotel restaurant. I will recommend the hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank findthesun15
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that our front desk found a charger for your phone while staying with us! It's also great to hear that you took advantage of our Bistro 933 restaurant. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was staying here for a family wedding. Everything was fine and when we went to bed, I heard some commotion in the hallway and didn't think anything of it. I dozed off but was then woken up by our neighbors' door slaming several times at 2:00 am. I waited for it to calm down but it did not so I called the front desk and the guy told me he would send security up. I tried to go back to sleep. Then, I was woken up again at 3 am by loud laughing/yelling from the same room. I called a second time and the guy told me he was sorry and he would take care of it. I heard security come up to the room and tell them to quiet down. I could not get fully back to sleep. At 4:30 am, I called a third time because the party was still going on. I told the guy that I was not happy with having to call a third time and it needed to be taken care. It finally settled down around 4:45 and I got back to sleep. Fast forward to check-out. I checked out of my room and then explained the situation to the service lady helping me. She said that her manager had stepped out so she took my name and number so he could call me later in the day. I left the hotel at noon yesterday and still have yet to get a call from him. This place should have broken up the party and it should have not taken three phone calls to do it. I will not stay at this hotel again if I am ever back in the area.

• Stayed March 2014
HGISouthBend, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with us over the past weekend and apologize that your situation was not resolved at the time of check out. It is our policy that we support 100% guarantee and obviously this is not what you had during your stay. I am sorry that Security was not able to handle the situation the first time and that this happened at all. Please feel free to reach out to myself at Jeff.Arthur@Hilton.com or contact my Assistant General Manager, Erin Napier at Erin.Napier@Hilton.com or you can call either of us at 574-232-7700.

Arlington Heights, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Love this hotel. Staff is very friendly, lobby is great and the bed is so comfortable. Whatever they wash their linens in I love - great, clean smell! The location of the hotel is great, close to the highway and close to the campus of the University of Notre Dame.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jeff A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Nancy C,

We love to hear that our staff is friendly, thank you for that comment. We will be sure to pass on to our Housekeeping Department your kind words regarding our linens. We hope to see you again in the near future!

South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Great accomodations and welcoming staff. The rooms are very comfortable. The pool and hot tub was an added treat for me. The breakfast selections are well worth the money. I enjoyed my night away from all of my daily hassels. I intend on returning.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Loni82,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us on your recent stay. Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again!

Mountville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Overall, they employ a very friendly staff, very willing to help. The rooms are clean. The food in the restaurant is very good, but overall, they have a very limited dinner offering, it's priced kind of high, but what they do offer is very good & tasty. They have discontinued carrying Starbucks coffee, which is a major disappointment. Additionally, they have been reducing the breakfast offerings, again, very disappointing, not just at this property, but all the HGI's I have stayed at recently.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jeff A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear John G,

Thank for the kind words regarding our staff, we love to hear that our staff is friendly and goes out of their way for our guest. I also appreciate your other comments and can relay your thoughts to our Hilton Garden Inn brand manager regarding not only our Hilton Garden Inn but others as well. We do hope to see you again in the near future.