“A warm smile late at night”

Hilton Garden Inn South Bend
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I had a long day on the road and had arrived late to the hotel. It was so nice to be greeted by Matt at the front desk. His friendly smile and quick check in was a perfect end to a long day.

The remainder of my stay was just as pleasant. The staff and hotel itself make it a return destination for me the next time I am traveling to this area. I recommend it be a destination for you too. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Susan C
Jeff A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Susan,

It's so great to hear that you had such a welcoming experience when coming in late to the hote. I'm glad Matt took such great care of you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I'm a local and stumbled upon this hotel/restaurant from a coupon. I haven't heard of this place before..Wasn't sure I wanted to come here because it was some restaurant in a hotel. I figured ok food or sandwiches at best. I came with my wife before going to a play and was pleasantly surprised. Restaurant wasn't that busy and we had nice meals. Our server Jenny explained how the restaurant has different promotions throughout the week like Wednesday wine day where you get free bottle of wine with any two entrees! The restaurant was clean and quiet, we really enjoyed ourselves and will definitely add this to our list of places to go out. Thanks for the great service Jenny!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liketorate
Jeff A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear you tried our Bistro 933 in the Hilton Garden Inn. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your meal and service! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The room rate was reasonable and the ammenities were excellent and made for a very comfortable stay. The breakfast included in my package was surprisingly good. The entire hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. A bit too far from ND and the Eddy Street Commons to avoid a car rental.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael M
Jeff A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Michael M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that our staff and service were to your liking. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is a gem of a hotel. Everything you will need and a great price. Have stayed at more expensive in this location, and actually prefer this hotel. Very friendly staff and nice accommodations. Stay here. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick M

Dear Rick M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel, we know there are a lot of options in South Bend and appreciate your kind words. We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Came here for business and was simply delighted by this entire property. It is conveniently located, has ample parking (though the front lot did get crowded quickly, which means you may need to walk from the back of the property -- a factor when traveling alone), and offers well-appointed, recently remodeled rooms.

When I checked into this property, I had just spent 6 of the past 7 nights at 4 different Hiltons -- some higher-end properties. The contrast in service between this location and all the others combined was notable. My check in was SEAMLESS. They were ready for me, and once my photo ID was presented, I was perhaps at the desk for all of 15 seconds -- if that. And, she verbally recognized my status and verified that my free bottles of water were available, and, where I would find them. (You'd be surprised how many Hilton hotels fail to provider this courtesy.)

The coffee/tea service provided above-average offerings (Tazo teas) and these really awesome little muffiny-biscuits that I haven't stopped thinking about. Very thoughtful.

TIP: because it is "just" a Garden Inn, there are some things that aren't super-well-thought-out, including the width of the black-out blinds. You may want to travel with a binder clip so that you can make sure that the blinds actually reach each other, and, black out the parking lot lights.

1  Thank Gemutlichkeit

Dear Guest,

Thank you for all of your positive notes about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were greeted with a friendly and efficient member of our front desk and our service was on point. I also appreciate your feedback regarding the rooms black out curtains and will definiately get with our housekeeping and engineering departments to find a solution.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I called on 2 different occasions to have my room cleaned. Housekeeping arrived within 5 min.! microwave & fridge in room; friendly & accommodating staff. It's clean & attractive. Free fresh drinks & cookies are served in the afternoons in lobby. I've stayed here 4 times & it gets a little better each time!

1  Thank Epicureanlover49

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that our housekeeping staff did a great job of getting to your room and cleaning in a timely matter! We appreciate your kind words about our staff and service! We look forward to you staying with us again soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The rooms were clear and the air was pure. No were in the area did we smell smoke. The staff was helpful and always friendly. Breakfast was really nice, with items prepared to order in addition to the buffet area which had a lot of different types of food and beverages. Hot coffee and tea were available at the lobby through out the day. There is a nice sitting area to gather. The pool and hot tub were greatly appreciated by my kids. Overall great experience and hope to be a repeat customer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sandra,

I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn- South Bend. Glad that your experience with our staff and the breakfast area were good ones. Please visit us again in the near future!