“Easy choice- Great Stay -”

Hilton Garden Inn South Bend
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
South Bend, United States
“Easy choice- Great Stay -”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed for wedding and we were impressed. We got early check in, room was great. nice and clean and it havdi pod dock. The was lobby nice. we met at the bar after wedding and they were very cool about us hanging out. We also enjoyed buffet breakfast in the morning that was well worth the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Erin G
Jeff A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Erin,

Thank you for staying with us for the wedding you attended. I am glad to hear everything went well and you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind for any future visits to South Bend.

Jeff Arthur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Wheaton, Illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I were in town for our son's soccer tournament, and we had long day in the sun and we were tired when came back to the hotel. We decided to eat in the restaurant and I really enjoyed my meal. Our server Jenny was great. She gave great suggestions on menu. I had the Thai Chicken which I loved and my husband had the salmon. We really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere. Afterward we went to the pool but unfortunately it was overcrowded with kids so we went back to our rooms. The rooms we had were clean and the bed was comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan T
Dear Susan,

Glad to hear you enjoyed our in house restaurant, Bistro 933. It's great that you took advantage of the restaurant as well as Jenny's knowledge. We hope to see you again next year for the Soccer Tournament!

Wheaton Illinois, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great place to stay if going to soccer games in the area. Close by (5-10 mins to the fields) Food in their restaurant is very good. Staff is great and helps with recommending/getting to restaurants in the area also. Loved the flavored ice water available in the lobby!!--particularily after being out in the hot sun for 6-8 hrs. Defintiely would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Elizabeth B
Jeff A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hi Elizabeth,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over your Grandson's Soccer tournament. We appreciate the kind words and suggestions on our hotel. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For Hilton Garden Inn's I always assume they are going to be a 4 and go from there. While there is nothing horribly wrong with this property, it seemed a little below what I expect.

The good - the staff was attentive and pleasant at check in. There were several large groups of teens there, but all was kept under control.

The cut below - at first glance the room seemed fine. But, then you look around and you see signs of wear. The A/C unit control door was broken, small areas of frayed carpet and upholstery, poor caulking in the tub.

I had a safety concern with the shower. The way the tub slopes and the height of the shower-head, if you are 5'7" and under, you may have to stretch onto your toes to adjust. A huge potential slip and fall hazard.

We had an issue with housekeeping trying to get into our room before we were ready to leave on our check out day. I will take responsibility for the 9 AM knock because I did not put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign. But, the second time 45 minutes later after we told them we would not be out until 11 AM is on them.

I would not rule out staying again, but I'd check into the other options in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bulldog82,

We appreciate you staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Brand and with us over your recent trip to South Bend. I do apologize that you had issues with your room and will certainly get with each of the department heads to resolve the issues you stated. I do hope you will stay with us again in the near future. Please contact me directly if there's anything else we can assist with- Jeff.Arthur@hilton.com or 574-232-7700.

Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for several days this past week for a wedding. The staff is lovely and very friendly, and the hotel is kept up well at a surface level. However, the bathroom in our room needed a venting fan. Even a medium-temp shower steamed it up so badly, it took 30 minutes to air it out again, which wasn't too convenient. The curtains need to be attended to...the blackout curtain in particular was kind of falling apart from people trying to shut out the bright parking lot lights/sunlight in the morning. The carpet was dirty; sticky spots that appeared to be leftover Easter candy that had been smooshed into it from previous guests needed to be cleaned up. I finally took a wet washcloth to them because I kept stepping on them, and was so grossed out. (We found "hidden" candy behind the TV in the bed area of the room, so that's where I got the idea that it might've been from Easter.) Our room was directly above the pool, and while I was initially concerned about noise being an issue, it wasn't at all. The room was very comfortable, overall.The bed, especially, was surprisingly comfortable. Food in the restaurant was above average quality for a hotel restaurant. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: I prefer a higher floor room at this location, personally. Their "junior suite" is a great...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Faith,

Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as feedback regarding your stay. I'm sorry to hear that you had issues with our bathrooms and the ventilation system. We will definitely get with our maintenance department on this to fix any issues. I also apologize for the candy you found in your room and will discuss this with our Housekeeping Manager. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you think of anything else- Jeff.Arthur@Hilton.com or 574-232-7700. Glad you did enjoy the Bistro 933!

Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for one night to visit St. Mary's. There were just a few small inconveniences that prevent me from giving this hotel 5 stars.

I think guests should be able to make a minimum of 2 cups of coffee in the room. There is a Keurig in the room but there was only 1 decaf K-cup. When I mentioned this to the desk clerk on our way to dinner, she apologized but made no offer to remedy the situation. This is a small inconvenience since there is coffee in the lobby. Restaurant dinner food was excellent but a wider selection of desserts would be nice (there were only 3 items and all dairy; alas, I have a lactose intolerant daughter). We purchased a package with breakfast which was a very good breakfast buffet with a custom omelet bar that also makes pancakes and waffles to order. There was an excellent selection and quality of breakfast fruit.

If our daughter goes to St. Mary's, we will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Saint Mary's while in South Bend. We appreciate you staying with us and the feedback you gave of our hotel. We do try and offer a variety of the K-Cups in each guest room but can understand your frustration in not having more of the kind you desire. We can definitely get with our head of housekeeping to discuss this further. Thank you also for the recomendation of the desserts in our Bistro 933 we will share this concern with our chef, but are glad you enjoyed breakfast. We hope your daughter chooses Saint Mary's and that we'll see you again!

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel on a Saturday night and it was very clean, staff was helpful and the accommodations were very comfortable. The beds were the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept on, with soft padding and adjustable firmness.
I would highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are in South Bend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments on our hotel and your great night's sleeping on our Garden Sleep Beds. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future!

Regards,