“Noisy wedding!”

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
Phoenix, Arizona
“Noisy wedding!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

Good location near Notre Dame. Clean rooms. BUT...

In spite of asking for quiet rooms, they placed us next to the elevator on the night of hosting a wedding. Heard the drunks at 2, and 3, and 4.

All I ask is for hotels to use a small bit of common sense and put the wedding parties by the elevators and the non partiers at the far end of the hall.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank KevinBuildsWireless
HGISouthBend, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 21 March 2011
Hello KevinBuildsTowers,

We appreciate your feedback! I apologize that they were some rowdy guests in the hotel during your stay. Did you contact the front desk to alert them? We would love to have you back and certainly have many rooms that would be away from elevators. Did you know if you are Hilton Honors member they can put a request like that on your profile and it will be there for every reservation throughout any of our Hilton Family of hotels? We would love to have you back. Please contact me personally next time and I will ensure that your room location is in a much quieter area. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to accommodate you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

This hotel seems brand new, I was a bit surprised when I asked the breakfast server about it and she said it's 3 years old. It's exceptionally clean. Very attentive staff as well. The bed my wife and I slept in was comfortable but not quite as good as others in Hampton Inns and a Hilton Garden Inn I stayed in recently, but I will book here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank threeputzzz
HGISouthBend, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 12 January 2011
Hello Threeputzzz,

Thank you for your comments! We strive to keep our hotel looking clean and fresh and we appreciate that you noticed. Our beds are the Garden Sleep System Beds which are specific to the Hilton Garden Inn brand they are adjustable for firmness and comfort. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our fresh cooked to order breakfast. We look forward to serving you again!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

I stayed here for a quick overnight because I had business at Notre Dame. The front desk staff and breakfast staff went out of their way to be cheerful and helpful (particularly the breakfast staff). Breakfast had a wide variety of options (hot and cold) and offered the option of a full buffet or a la carte purchases (my oatmeal, fruit and coffee was a measly $2). The hotel is very convenient to campus as well.

Do note that it is a little confusing when you enter the parking lot - the Garden Inn is located directly next to another (very similar-looking) hotel, and in front of a conference center, so it would be easy to enter the wrong one.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Liz S
HGISouthBend, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 29 November 2010
Kins78,

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your feedback. While we know you have plenty of choices when coming to South Bend we are glad that your decided to stay with us. We strive for outstanding customer service so hearing comments like yours is very rewarding. I will pass your words on to our staff especially the breakfast servers. We hope that you stay with use again when your travels bring you back to Notre Dame!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

This hotel is kept Very Clean, Well Taken Care of and Offer EXCELLANT Customer Skills. Every one I encountered that worked their was smiling, friendly and helpful, Everyone!! I traveled here to work three Mid Over Night Shifts for work and the ladies who worked over nights were friendly an greeted me on my way to work each night, I never heard a sound from neighboring rooms when I was going to bed at 6-7pm, big plus for me. Ordered room service twice while I was there, the food was brought to my room HOT & in a timely manner, when I opened the lid steam was coming from my food, the food was good (that's why I ordered it a second time).
I would recommend this hotel to Family & Friends without a second thought. This was my first time staying here and won't be my last.
Thank You Hilton Garden Staff for a Great Stay!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Dragonflytoo
HGISouthBend, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 20 August 2010
dragonflytoo,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We aim for superior customer service at all times. We are pleased that our staff was accommodating and the facility was to your satisfaction. Referrals and recommendations are important to us so knowing that we have yours makes our jobs more enjoyable. Please remember that our restaurant (Bistro 933) also has a trip advisor listing and we welcome your wonderful comments about our food there as well! We hope to see you again really soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

I am a frequent business traveler to South Bend and spend many nights at the Hilton Garden Inn in South Bend. I don't know how I managed before this hotel, as my travel experience has been so much better since staying here. The rooms are great, the food selection at the bar/restaurant is excellent and the service is outstanding. And no one else has Chad, the best bartender in "the bend". Many times I travel alone and as a female, knowing the staff makes my travel much more comfortable. I like knowing I can safely sit at the bar, eat dinner and have great conversation with my favorite bartender and other guests, instead of spending yet another night alone in a hotel room. This is the place to stay when traveling to South Bend.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank littlemo34
HGISouthBend, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 23 July 2010
littlemo34,

We appreciate your loyalty and postitive feedback! We too know that Chad is a wonderful asset to the Hilton Garden Inn but it is nice when we hear it from our frequent travelers. I passed this note along to him as well. There are many hotels in the South Bend area and we are greatful that when your business travels bring you to town you choose us! Thank you!
kansas city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

Stayed here while my daughter attended Notre Dame softball camp. I got a great rate on Expedia and my room location was perfect. Liked everything about it. My room was updated and clean. The breakfast was great. The staff was always friendly. The lobby is great and would probably be an awesome place to hang out during Notre Dame football weekends because there is lots of room to congregate and a big TV for all to view. Loved the decor in the rooms, very current. And it is just a mile down Douglas to get to the campus public parking where I had to park most of the time to see the camp. Really, really nice!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kansaskristy
HGISouthBend, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 20 July 2010
Thank you for your kind words! We understand you have many choices when traveling to South Bend and are grateful you choose us. It is our goal to give the best service. Positive feedback like yours helps us to know that we are doing a good job. We hope to see you again soon!
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2010

I work from my home in FL but travel to my division HQ in South Bend several times per year. I spent this Wed and Thur nights at the hotel, and have stayed there over the past year or so. I like the deco design of the hallways and the clean and spacious rooms. Most importantly, I'm pleasantly surprised at the good quality of restaurant food and the service at the bar. The salmon was excellent and my colleagues (at least ten were staying there) didn't have a negative thing to say. And a local couple dining there clued me in to the Wed night special -- a free bottle of wine with two entrees. Last but certainly not least, the bartender Chadd is worth the price of admission! He's friendly and a good pourer. I stayed at the Inn at St. Mary's for many years and while that was a good hotel, the experience here is much better.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank wbru83
HGISouthBend, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 16 June 2010
I represent the Hilton Garden Inn - South Bend and wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your compliments! We are constantly striving for guest satisfaction and your positive review solidifies the staff’s hard work and dedication to our guests. We look forward to serving you again!