“The Oliver Inn is our favorite B & B”
Review of The Oliver Inn

The Oliver Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 South Bend B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 June 2010

We were shown to our room and told everything we needed to know. The room was homey and comfortable and impeccably clean. There is always something to snack on in the butler pantry and beautiful well-kept common areas where we could relax and enjoy a book or conversation. The house is well located in downtown South Bend within walking distance of fine dining and night life. The grounds are well maintained and a joy to relax on. The proprietors Tom and Alice are gracious beyond compare,going out of their way to help to help us with anything we might need.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 May 2010

We enjoyed our stay, and would definaetly recommend this bed and breakfast to our family and friends. The breakfasts were amazing, and the friendlyness of the inn keepers was exceptional. Very quiet qnd relaxing

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2010

My wife and I stayed at The Oliver Inn for a Notre Dame football weekend. We loved the quaint makeover of a former mansion from the 1900's. Situated in the middle of South Bend, the Inn is within proximity to the Notre Dame campus,and to shopping centers if you need one. It is next door to the former Studebaker mansion, which has been converted into a very popular restaurant.
The husband and wife proprietors are wonderful people who will help you with any special needs you may encounter, including getting reservations at the restaurant on short notice.
Breakfasts are fantastic--more delicious choices than one can reasonably eat.
We will definitely book the Inn on our next trip to South Bend!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suebear41
Reviewed 27 March 2010

Beautiful house, great neighborhood, delicious breakfast everyday, and the warmest and kindest inn keepers. We stayed four days at the Oliver In and we enjoyed every single minute.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alearm
Reviewed 14 March 2010

The service at the Oliver Inn was extraordinary! I am celiac, and Alice (the proprietor/ chef) was very familiar and aware of my needs. She had special meals and distinctive foods (goodies!) waiting for me when I arrived!
My room was immaculate and quiet. There were just the right amount of amenities throughout the room/B&B. The bathrobes were particularly inviting!
It was like a piece of heaven!
The location was excellent! I was able to walk to most of the historic sites and really enjoyed how close to town and all other major sites I was.
What I liked best was the cleanliness and welcome I received at the Oliver Inn. What I liked least was that I chose to be there in the winter.
The Inn is gorgeous and after seeing some pictures I will be sure to revisit it in the summertime! No matter my interest(s), Alice and Tom were sure that my every need was met, with great consideration. . They were thoughtful and accommodating but never intrusive. I have a great memory of the Oliver Inn and highly recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2009

Nice place for a one night visit passing through Indiana. Excellent breakfast, charming living spaces. Good local restaurant next door.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I travel to South Bend every October for a convention. This is the second year I have stayed at the inn. After my wonderful experience, I will never stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Hilton Garden Inn South Bend
#3 of 30 in South Bend
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham South Bend / At Notre Dame
Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka

Been to The Oliver Inn? Share your experiences!