“Quantity is better than quality”
Review of Polito's

Polito's
Ranked #105 of 300 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had dinner at Polito's on June 28,2014 with the grand kids. They loved the pizza but we found it hard to eat - the crust is thick and hard to cut. Don't make the mistake of putting spinach on your pizza - they use creamed spinach, yuck!
All the portions are extremely large , the calzone would serve three people, but the food is just very average to below average.
The salad bar was excellent and the best thing we had. Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Yes, 16 lbs. We've enjoyed Polito's before but THIS was really special. They have a Supreme Pizza that actually weighs in at 16 lbs! It was my son's birthday and he chose this. I had my doubts as there was only 3 of us. Next time, I will order as we start out from home as it takes 40 minutes to prepare. It was FANTASTIC! Full of meat, NOT greasy, so tasty, crust great, so happy we ordered this. We took home lots, but I have to say it warms up wonderfully in the microwave.

1  Thank marjieP
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We'd passed Polito's before but never stopped. We're glad we did. Adrian, our waiter, made excellent recommendations and even brought a sample for us. We ordered the large thin-crust supreme pizza, which was excellent. Adrian suggested a side of their specialty vodka cheese sauce for dipping the pizza. It was superb. We received plenty of good, well-prepared food for our money, and great service. We'll visit again.

1  Thank jjedit
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Good stuff. If you want to load up on the carbs this is the spot for you. Stuffed pizza slices that weigh in at 2 pounds and strombollis that can feed two all for less than 10 bucks. The interior is nothing special just some wood benches and folding tables has kind of a college vibe.

1  Thank ddbii
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I love cheese pizza and this place has a pie that will rival even the best in the area. The thin crust is NY style and the sauce is tasty - and not sweet. Their vodka sauce is great as well - it's a bit thick for me and I usually don't indulge, but it has a great flavor. Their salad bar is out of the world - nothing too unique but the veggies are extremely fresh and there is a nice variety. Great lunch specials too!