“"AAA Rating" Relaxing, Clean, Absolutely a Top Class Inn”

Residence Inn South Bend
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
Duncan
“"AAA Rating" Relaxing, Clean, Absolutely a Top Class Inn”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Secluded away from Traffic,
Excellent Parking spaces, Wonderful Staff that Greet you. This is like being at home!

The Suite`s are so Clean & the smell in the rooms is wonderful. Huge spacious Suite`s. Beds are the best I`ve ever found in a Hotel, Suite or Inn, "Fabulous~ Simply Fabulous!"

I would suggest this Inn, and will be staying again, coming through on a business trip.

This is well worth the stay!

Room Tip: No Worries Any will be Tops
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Englewood, Colorado
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The property was very nice and clean and had lots of room in our suite. But the people made the difference. Everyone we met there went a little above to make sure we had a great visit. They also provided one of the better breakfasts we have had. Close to the University and other attractions.

Room Tip: Look for a room on eh side away from the pool area
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DenverJim48
USA
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is one of the older Residence Inns, with the separate buildings each with 4 suites. The grounds were beautiful, with lilac bushes, basketball area and a swing set all set within a wooded area. The staff couldn't have been nicer. They painted and filled the pool while I was there and it looked great. The room was huge and very comfortable and the A/C worked great. I was on the 2nd floor so I can't comment on the noise level as other reviewers have -- I had a very quiet, peaceful visit.

Room Tip: The second floor of the "600" building was very peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
TN
Reviewed 5 June 2013

My experience here was extremely good. Check in was very pleasant. My room was very large and very comfortable. I was able to really enjoy my sleep too!I loved having a fully equipped kitchen, because it gave me an opportunity to have left overs. Having a separate living room was a bonus. The surrounding area was very quiet. I like the personal touch that housekeeping does by leaving nice little notes. All in All, my experience here was Great!

Room Tip: I loved being near the pool, and you can grill outdoors too!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Friendly place, with a nice staff. Room was plenty big. Two story hotel, stay on the top floor, as someone checked in at 11pm and then did exercises for one hour. Unbelievable noise and sound on the floor. Finally got back to sleep after they stopped. Adequate breakfast with some nice extra touches. Comfortable lounge area, and space for kids downstairs with pool table. No inside pool, only outside. This doesn't work in April.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor to avoid the circus act that may happen above you.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Christopher T, General Manager at Residence Inn South Bend, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Thank You for staying with us at the Residence Inn South Bend and for taking the time to review us. We appreciate the kind words about our staff and service and LOVE TO CELEBRATE our teams success. I apologize that the noise level from guests above you was not taken care of to your satisfaction. We are currently working on a solution to reduce the noise levels experienced from some of the lower units, and also manage the noise of other guests as well.
Buffalo,Ny
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

I was very hopeful when I arrived. Decent location. Cute fireplace BUT my pleasant stay evaporated when I settled in. Above me was a group of acrobats, a heard of elephant or kids. I'm guessing the latter. They were jumping, rolling and marching until 12 midnight and restarted at 6am!!!
When I may a recommendation to the front desk they put kids on the first floors they informed me they can't because the suites are on second! Extremely poor planning!! So beware if you need to sleep. You could be entertained by 'Stomp' all night long.

• Stayed May 2013
First of all I want to thank you for staying with us. I apologize for the unsatisfactory noise levels from your upstairs neighbors/cast members of Stomp. We try and accommodate every guest request, and while all of our penthouse suites are on the upper floors we make every possible attempt to not assign multiple occupancy rooms to upper floors.

Travellers are raving about these South Bend hotels

Middletown, Indiana
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The property was nice and clean. Not a lot of traffic or outside noise. The rooms were arranged to minimize noise from other patrons. We had a slow toilet when we checked in. The desk sent maintenance within 5 minutes and problem was fixed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear that you had maintenance issues when you checked in, but glad to see that our service and maintenance staff was able to fix it promptly. The entire staff takes pride in making sure all of our guests are taken care of promptly. Again, thank you for your kind words and patronage, we sincerely appreciate it.