“Surprisingly great hotel! But staff went to breakfast barefoot?!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Surprisingly great hotel! But staff went to breakfast barefoot?!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

It's a shame that the photos of this hotel online are all so outdated! This hotel has lovely, modern decor (in the lobby anyway) and is very clean and pleasant. We checked in at midnight and the front desk person was very nice and accommodating. Room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was standard. I forgot to pack toothpaste, they gladly provided a tube. I was going I give this hotel a 5 rating... Until I was about to leave. I was sitting in the lobby during breakfast and the milk at the buffet ran out. The front desk person walks into the eating area and the kitchen COMPLETELY BAREFOOT! How disgusting! Other than that, this was a great stay.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ron W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello Madam
I promise that this will not happen again for sure.

sincerely
Ron and Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here during visit friend at Notre dame university. It's short drive from university.
Staff was friendly and helpful with directions and attractions in town. Hotel room was modern with strong wifi. Enjoyed breakfast..good variety..fruits,protein..I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jen R
Dartmouth, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a good experience with this hotel. Friendly staff, good breakfast in adequate size breakfast room, and comfortable bed in hotel room with decent amenities including fridge/microwave built in. Hubby had lost his razor on our road trip, and the front desk staff person was more than accommodating in giving him a razor and offering up many more items than needed! The location near the airport wasn't the most attractive, but Lincoln Way West provides an easy access route to downtown South Bend and back out to the ring road. The only downside to this hotel is the popularity with visiting youth sports teams, and that's a downside to the other hotel guests, not to the teams or to the hotel management. We learned youth sports team come to the city almost every weekend to participate in tournaments at Notre Dame, and those teams fill up the local hotels as they need to. That meant our hotel was full of young lacrosse players and their families who were using the pool at all hours and standing in line for the waffle machine at breakfast. The only real challenge in managing the activity is at night when they're up playing tag in the hallways. We had to call the front desk a couple of times and the staff was responsive. I can understand why some reviewers who were parents of players had a negative view of the hotel. By the time we decided to go to South Bend for a Studebaker event many hotels were already full because of the lacrosse tournament and the Studebaker event, so we were happy to find this hotel. It worked out fine.

Room Tip: If I had children with me who wanted to use the pool, I'd get a room on the first floor because...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Oldham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed one night while passing through South Bend. The hotel was easy to find and I was quickly checked in and given a good room on the third floor. The room was next to the elevator which caused me some concern but I soon discovered to my surprise that I heard nothing from the elevator at all. The room was well-equipped and clean and comfortable. I had some difficulty in going to sleep as parties with children were on the same floor and the children were allowed to play noisily in the hallway until a late hour, after which the parents held loud conversations. This was not the fault of the hotel staff who I assume could hear nothing of the noise; I am sure that had I complained the matter would have been dealt with.
For dinner I failed to find a nearby restaurant but the hotel receptionist told me of a very good one which I had overlooked and the help was much appreciated,
In the morning a good breakfast was provided.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were there for wedding, able to check in early on request, Hotel equiped with all amenties like wifi, fridge And microwave, flat screen tv, hot breakfast, night time was quite and we had very good night sleep, i will recomand this hotel, i will stay here again n again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

The hotel is very nice . staff very friendly and helpful. Room were Nice and clean. The beds were comfortable . We had a nighy
Good sleep. Overall a very good stay. Kids enjoyed the pool and i wasn't disturbed at night.

• Stayed March 2014
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Due to changes in our flight, We stayed at quality inn suites,south bend. I was impressed..remodeled rooms,delicious breakfast, Fitness room and warm pool. The staff was friendly and professional. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family