Inn at Saint Mary's
US$178
  • Pool
US$134
US$123
Comfort Suites(South Bend)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$94
ComfortSuites
US$76
Comfort Suites University Area(South Bend)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$76
ComfortSuites
US$77
Priceline
The Oliver Inn(South Bend)
US$159
US$102
Official Site
Morris Inn(South Bend)
US$202
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnotre dameshuttle servicemary's collegeholy crossfree shuttlebreakfast buffethome away from homesouth bend areagreat place to stayrooms are spaciousfootball weekendvery nice hotellate checkoatmealfront desk stafffitness centerexercise room
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This place doesn't inspire in terms of kerb appeal - bit of a supermarket style to the exterior. But it is spotlessly clean and very comfortable rooms inside. It's also handy for the Notre Dame campus and provides complimentary bicycles which are great for getting around the campus and the nearby Commons (student area of town adjacent to campus). The breakfasts are good too. I don't think there's any provision for evening snacks (unless you count vending machines!) so be prepared or get a delivery from a local take away. There's a good fitness suite.

Room Tip: Don't get the room above the main generator for the air conditioning. We did, and it was noisy, though when we mentioned this on arrival at the room, they moved us to a quieter one straight away.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Talamhgirl
IASM, General Manager at Inn at Saint Mary's, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review! This is the second year we have had the bicycles available and they are a huge hit! The Bistro 933 restaurant is located inside the Hilton Garden Inn and they offer dinner. You can dine in or order room service right to the hotel.

We lookd forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I only stayed one night, due to electricity being out at my home. My children loved it as well as I did. The hotel is very clean, staff very friendly and courteous, and it was just an overall wonderful stay!!

Room Tip: Roomy, spacious, and comfortable in all ways!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Shareena R
IASM, General Manager at Inn at Saint Mary's, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Shareena R,
I am happy to hear we were able to provide a comfortable night for you and your family during the power outage! That was definitely a storm for the record books in South Bend, IN! Thank you for sharing your comments!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Lovely place to stay! Clean and conveniently located near campus. Everyone must use the free bicycles to tour the area, what a great way to see the sights. Breakfast is delicious. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Joanne B

Dear Joanne B,
Thank you for such a wonderful review! We are thrilled you enjoyed the Inn at Saint Mary's, as well as the bicycles!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed one night on 07/07/2014 in room 120. Room was spacious, had a king bed with very uncomfortable mattress (slept in the middle). AC worked but it was noisy. Wi-Fi only worked in the front part of the suite but not in the bed room area. Had dinner at the restaurant in Hilton Garden Inn, that was convenient. Front desk staff was friendly. Both check-in and check-out was quick. Morning breakfast was included in the price and they had choices for guests who eat meat ( I'm vegetarian and I'm not complaining). I ate fruits. Coffee was absolutely awful! Hotel is closer to the airport. There is a nice walking path across the main street from hotel to University of Notre Dame.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Surangah,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I will share your review with my management team as we are always open to suggestions ways to improve our guests experience. I truly hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My son and I stayed at this hotel for 5 days while he attended a camp at Notre Dame. It's 7 mins to the Notre Dame site and 10 mins away from everything else in town - the mall, downtown, grocery...it's at a great location. The room was roomy and the bed were comfortable. While we were there they were changing the carpets in some other rooms on our floor so they've left some couches outside the room for 2 days while they're working on it. I hope that they'd consider moving the couches back inside the room at night as that seem to be a fire hazard. I'm sure that was not a common thing that happened so it's not a big deal. Would be nice if the room has a fridge or microwave as extra features in the future.

The breakfast was very good, the quality was exceptional and has fresh coffee throughout the day. The lobby was a good gathering place, even though there was a big wedding party crowd gathering at the lobby for one of night, we couldn't hear any noises from our room.

We have a very pleasurable stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to the others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I am pleased you and your son enjoyed your five night stay at the Inn at Saint Mary's. During the process of replacing the guest room carpet the sofa beds were to be returned to the rooms nightly. I am sorry about that, but happy to hear you enjoyed the rest of your visit.