“So glad to see this place back open!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oakwood Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Oakwood Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Syracuse
Dayton, Indiana
“So glad to see this place back open!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I worked at Oakwood the last summer it was opened before it closed. It was such a beautiful property, it was such a shame to watch it just sit there and go to waste. My husband and I spent our wedding night there in September, and WOW, what a huge difference. The rooms are so beautiful with a perfect view of the lake. The more lake feel to the décor was much needed, and the best was the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept in! The restaurant has always been good, but now it’s even better. The prices are a bit high, but you get quality of food you pay for. It’s delicious! If I didn’t live in the area, I’d stay there over and over again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Dayton, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here after our wedding. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We stayed in a beautiful room overlooking the lake (what a view to wake up to!) We had an AMAZINGLY comfortable king sized bed. (Seriously want that bed for my house)

We also ate lunch there the next day outside by the lake. The food and service was very impressive and delicious.

We would like to thank you for our stay and will reccomend anyone who is staying in that area to go to Oakwood.

Thank you for making our evening so wonderful.

1 Thank Lucas Y
Amherst, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Here for business for several days. Property sits nicely by the lake, so a major plus there but hotel room has no iron or ironing board, you need to ask downstairs ( i got a 1/2 board). If you want ice, you have to pay .25, which we can all afford but super tacky!

fitness center which is lacking, opens at 8, so does my morning meeting! So that does not help.
The room is super clean, and the staff is helpful so that is a plus.

Probably the best thing around here, but would never stay here by choice again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank David S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We arrived 12-9 from Amsterdam in NYC ,travelling in 10 days to Chicago for a congress
We found Syracuse by coincidence , THE lake in charming, rooms good with Great beds.
Breakfast buffet sufficiënt
But marmelades should be upgraded , Some hot Milk for THE oats WOuld be fine.
However overall a Great hotel on the lake !!!
Hope to come back someday

• Stayed September 2013
Woodbury, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night on business. Room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Nice quiet location on the lake. He patio faces the lake and was very relaxing.

Just two negatives for me. 1. The wifi was difficult to use. 2. The service at breakfast was pretty slow and the food very average (order your bacon extra crispy or you might have to catch it yourself).

I would be happy to go back and like supporting the independent business owner.

• Stayed September 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

My fiance and I are planning our wedding for next year. We decided to try out this resort and we were pleasantly surprised! The room was beautiful and larger than we expected. Dinner was amazing and the staff was helpful. Certainly going to check into having our wedding reception here!

La Grange, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stay at a differently hotel every week for the last 2 years. Our client booked the room at the Oakwood which was within 5 minutes of where we were working. It was absolutely stunning! We stay in the chain hotels mostly and have had many good views. This was spectacular! I do believe that we spent more time outside than inside.
In the mornings, it was so hard to make myself leave to go to work. I had told our client that we all should have met at the Oakwood instead of the windowless conference room.

The food is wonderful! The seafood basket had a bit more black pepper in the breading than what I like but was cooked perfectly. I absolutely loved the Spinach salad. I have never had one with bananas in it. I had it as made with the peanut sauce and then another one with the apple cider vinagrette. They were both amazing! We spent 3 nights there and I cannot wait to go back.

The bartenders are very friendly and attentive. The wait staff does a good job. I wandered down on Tuesday morning needing something caffienated in a big way! I aske if I could get a Diet Coke and they wasted no time accommodating me. It was so very appreciated.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Syracuse
Brook Pointe Inn
The Van Buren Hotel at Shipshewana
Hampton Inn Goshen
Hampton Inn Goshen
#2 of 6 in Goshen

Been to Oakwood Resort? Share your experiences!