“I may have to change my opinion”

Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Taylorsville
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“I may have to change my opinion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

About the Red Roof chain. This place is really nice.

I have always thought of the Red Roof as just an expensive ‘6. But this room was very nice (see Oct 2013 pics), desk chair was very comfy as was the bed. Also see pic’s for electrical outlets … one shows the ones built into the nightstand. There were also two beside the desk, two at desk level and one on the lamp. No reason to unplug anything or move furniture just to get to an outlet.

The only issue was the toilet, it was just louse enough so that when you sit down it would go ‘clunk.’ I mentioned that to the front desk in the AM and they pulled out a ‘fixit it’ ticket right away.

The person checking me in went through the whole list of perks they offer.

If you get in town early enough, there is an A&W / KFC right next door. The only 24 food is the Waffle House about two blocks away … but be careful, those truckers hit the frontage road at about about 60 mph.

Truck parking? About a dozen dedicated spots for 40 ft rigs, if you have a semi parking seems to be permitted on the frontage road, lots of rigs parked there the night I was there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Vicki L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We hope to see you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jasper indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

By far the cleanest nicest red roof we have ever stayed in, the staff was friendly the rooms are beautiful. The rooms have hard wood floors, the price of the rooms are excellent very clean, nice decor. A short ride to Columbus and Seymour's definitely worth the value.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for a positive review. Hope to see you again
Taylorsville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

This hotel is amazing, to put it simply. The staff knows the area very well, and they're more than welcome to help you find places like certain stores in the gigantic outlet mall here called "Eddie Bauer Outlet". And they know all the streets by heart. The rooms are freshly renovated so there's nice wooden floors, a "38-"48 TV, a large desk in each room, and very soft beds with a memory-foam like pad on each one.

The kitchenette is beautiful! You can store a months worth of food in 3 cabinets they provide, and the new microwaves are always clean. Granite tabletop, and a high rise faucet for filling up jugs of water or simply for washing. The refrigerator holds more than enough food for your stay, and keeps it fresh! The coffee makers work well, and you can get all the fresh coffee you can possibly drink!

The bathroom is granite-topped also, and there's a full-body mirror, also. A place to hang your clothes, and more than enough outlets for appliances.

There's also a nice leather chair in each room that is very comfortable along with a posture supported computer chair in the room that rocks.

Overall, the staff here is probably the best of any of my stays. They know everything you need to know about Taylorsville, Colombus, and Franklin Indiana. (and all the surrounding cities) They love to conversate also! The lobby is nice, with a sun-room, and plenty of chairs. They have muffins and danishes like crazy here, along with oatmeal! And the apple/orange juice machine is always on, and always fresh. One employee even took a map and showed us the key areas we needed to be at, and gave us the map. The maintenance man is pretty cool, too! You'll see him working on the pool here, and he's very fun to talk to.

They have been helpful and respectful for the entire month I've stayed here! And a quick shoutout to the cleaners! You're doing a great job. Every time I would walk in after it was cleaned, I almost thought I was in a fresh new room each time!

The other guests are super-friendly also, and since we've been here, we've made countless friends just sitting outside talking to them! There's always a good story from each and every travel-buddy we meet.

There's a speedway across the street, and a KFC right over by the annex!

They're also pet-friendly! bring the dog or cat along with you here!

I guarantee you WILL enjoy the day (or month!) you stay here! I don't want to leave!

Room Tip: Each and every last one!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank 40Brian_C
Hello and Thank you for your positive review. It is always a pleasure to hear from a satisified guest.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

My mother booked 3 rooms for the family, going to Indianapolis zoo & cosi (she went through expedia) & it was 40 mns from there. The rooms had been updated, but had a weird smell. The outside & location was some what iffy. Employees were wearing pajamas, sitting on the side walk by the office smoking (I am a smoker but didn't look professional). The pool hadn't been cleaned in a few days, which I grabbed the net & did myself. Only good thing is that there was a KFC right next door & an outlet mall down the road!

• Stayed August 2013
Vicki L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Hello!! Just a little confused on the employees in pajamas. At this property housekeeping staff wears Redroof Inn shirt with Logo. In checking the camera I did not see anyone working in pajamas. I have seen guests step out in lounging attire and smoke. I am sorry for your disappointment with your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Taylorsville hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We were visiting Columbus for the weekend and needed a pet-friendly hotel with external access for a smoker. We were very lucky to find the RRI in Taylorsville - convenient location, comfortable room, friendly staff, and great price. We will definitely stay there again when visiting Columbus.

Room Tip: King room was very spacious and comfortable for two humans and one dog.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hello!! Thank you for your positive response! I am always happy to hear from guests that travel with furry friends. We are a pet friendly motel as are all Redroof Inn locations.
I hope we get the chance to serve you again on your next trip through.
Mooresville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

My husband, myself, and a friend of ours stayed at this property last weekend and I have to say many improvements have been made to this property since the last time we had stayed there. My husband does the state and national putt putt stops that are held in Columbus, Indiana. The room we stayed in was a double. We loved the flat screen tv and the new wood flooring and the beds were much more comfortable than the last time we stayed.

Some improvements I would like to suggest are as follows: We asked to have a wake up call set up for 7:30 am the next morning. That never happened. We were up by 7, but thank god we had been because we never received a wake up call for the morning. My husband mentioned it to the counter person while he got breakfast for us and the counter person was rude and acted as they didn't care and didn't even apologize for it not being set up.

Also the "free continental breakfast" consisted of muffins and rolls. Now I understand that breakfast is "free", however when I had worked for a hotel that had a free continental breakfast there was fruit, cereal, muffins, toast, etc. So that aspect of service needs to be addressed with management.

Other than those issues, we enjoyed our stay and we loved the improvements made to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MCRANE0603
Vicki L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Hello and Thank You for choosing to stay with us again! I am glad you like our upgrade to the motel. We strive to always please our guests and make them feel welcome! We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to the Columbus, IN area.
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for nearly a few weeks in March into April.
The location is slightly further away from the outlet mall than some other hotels which may be a concern for some ,but it is only 2 minutes down the road.
The property and staff are superb, I can not find any fault with the property, Trucks do use a nearby truck stop to park up overnight but this is no real problem.
Rooms are comfortable, safe ,secure and the WIFI is great
Staff: are very helpful, the cleaning staff cheerful and chatty as well which is a good sign
I enjoyed my stay here immensely and would recommend it to anyone travelling in the area ,And as an after comment the price is outstanding value for money

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank mp186
Vicki L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Hello! I want to say it was a pleasure having you for a guest. All the staff enjoyed your visit with us. We hope one day if you are back in the area you choose to stay with us again! Take care!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylorsville
BEST WESTERN Edinburgh/Columbus
Comfort Inn & Suites Columbus
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh
Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Clarion Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville? Share your experiences!