“Great Tell City Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tell City
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Tell City Hotel”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

If you find yourself in Tell City, I would recommend this hotel. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. We were in town with our entire family for a wedding. The family took up most of the 2nd floor and I didn't hear a complaint about the hotel from anyone. I also enjoyed the breakfast offering.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer S
hiextc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tell City, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you so much for leaving us such a nice 4 star review! We are thrilled to hear and that you as well as your family were so pleased with your stay here with us! We hope to see you again on your next trip to our area.

Best Regards,
Stella Y
Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Grace, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2014

First there were ants on the bathroom floor. Second the towels stunk like chemicals. Third when I'm on vacation i do not appreciate the housekeeper beating on my door at 8 a.m.. They were vacuuming the hallway outside my room since I wouldn't let them in. They knew I was there so what were they going to do clean around me. I complained at the front desk (after I called and complained as well) and when I returned to my room the curtains wouldn't close and my phone no longer worked! the room was suppose to be handicap accessible, Only thing they had when I checked in, But there was no extra wide bathroom door and it would of been impossible to get a wheelchair in that size room with 2 beds.

Room Tip: there is not a decent hotel in Tell City Indiana
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank KevinLori F
hiextc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tell City, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear KevinLori F,
We are very sorry for the inconveniences you faced during your stay with us. Unfortunately, our housekeeping staff is required to knock on all doors that do not have a do not disturb sign on them. I will make sure that I speak with the housekeeping and maintenance personnel to see what we can do to resolve this issues. We do appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.
We do greatly apologize and hope that on your next trip to our area that you would consider staying here with us again and give us the opportunity to make your next stay a much more pleasant one.

Stella Y
Front Desk Manager
Nashville, Indiana
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Entrance to hotel very nice and clean. Met at the desk by very pleasant and helpful staff member. Room was very nice and clean. Plenty of room for 4 in a room. Pool was very nice a little warm but prefer that to ice cold! Good breakfast buffet.. very nice hotel at an affordable price. Would recommend this hotel to anyone... especially if you are traveling to Holiday World just a short distance away.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ababa2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I greatly appreciate that the hotel extended the breakfast hours earlier to accomodate those of us that had to leave early to go to the mill. The hotel was completely full during my stay but breakfast was always well stocked. The front desk staff was excellent. When I first arrived, the room I was given smelled strongly of smoke. I went downstairs to inform them and I was promptly given another room. The new room was a large king suite and had a refrigerator and microwave in the little kitchenette.

The housekeeping staff that took care of the room on Wednesday was not as good as whoever prepped the room for me on Tuesday and took care of the cleaning on Friday. The Wed person did not take all of the dirty towels and put things into place haphazardly. They also didn't take all the trash.

I stayed Aug 20-24.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Starting out from the lobby, the cleaniless and shiny floors stood out. The staff was very curteous and friendly. This is a very well maintained facility unlike others in the area. Good breakfast options, great location, near by restaurants and grocery stores. I am staying a king suite so lots of room to move about. Good size refrigerator with a small covered freezer section. A nice microwave, with cabinets for storage. Always clean and fresh when I come back to the room. Indoor pool warm, and well kept area. Pool towels are at the front desk though so slightly inconvinient. If you are in Tell City, this is THE place to stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor close to the exit are very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sadia M
hiextc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tell City, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
August 1, 2013

Dear Sadia M.
Thanks so much for the positive comments about your stay at Holiday Inn Express Tell City. We are glad you enjoyed our free hot breakfast and that you found our location convenient for shopping. Also that the room did accomdate all your needs. We do apologize for the inconvenience for the pool towels.

Hope to see you back with us soon.

Regards,

Anil Chaudhari
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We absolutely loved this hotel!
Friendly staff, clean rooms, great service, and the breakfast was delicious!
Staff was polite and quick with service. And very helpful.
The room and public areas were clean and neat. The bathroom in the room was close to immaculate and the towels were amazingly soft.
The continental breakfast was a big surprise! It included a variety of yogurts and cereals, hard boiled eggs, milks and juices, cinnamon rolls, biscuits, scrambled eggs, BACON, muffins, a variety of breads to toast with jellies and peanut butter, a variety of bagels with cream cheese, bananas, oatmeal, coffee, and a make your own pancake machine. (you pushed a button for how many you wanted and it cooked on a conveyor belt system and dropped onto your waiting plate). They had trays available so you could eat in your rooms.
We will definitely be staying in here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sabrina C
August 31, 2013

Dear Sabrina C, thanks for taking the time to share your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Tell City. We're glad you liked everything about our hotel, although that's how we think of ourselves. We're glad we could deliver a worry free stay so you could concentrate on your trip.

Hope to see you on your next trip to Tell City.

Anil Chaudhari
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My family and I always stay at HIE when traveling, as I know what to expect and I have always had a good experience staying at any HIE hotel. We stayed here while on a recent trip to Holiday World. The room was clean and comfy, I was just disappointed there was not a refrigerator in our room, that's the first time I have not had one in a room from HIE, but that's a minor detail. We did have some noisy neighbors, a large group that kept slamming their door and talking loudy in the hallway, for about an hour, but thankfully it stopped, but that is not the hotel's fault. Over all we had a great stay and would definitely stay here, again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
hiextc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tell City, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tell City, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking precious time for writing us a great review, we you love to see you back next year for another great summer vaction.

Amanda R
Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Lewisport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tell City? Share your experiences!