“Worst Hotel Stay Ever!”

Ramada Limited Tell City
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tell City
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This was the worst hotel stay we've ever had! The whole hotel had a horrible smell! There was a strong chemical odor, that was so bad it was hard to fall asleep! Plus, we had made reservations for 5 people. When we arrived there were only 2 double beds in the room. The clerk was cold and irritated when I explained that we needed a cot or something for my third child to sleep on. She said cots were first come first serve and they were all gone, and then just stared at me. In the end, I had to make a bed out of blankets on the floor for my 11 year old. When we finally got home, everything in our travel bags had the horrible smell. I even had to wash the bag! Worst hotel EVER!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bgreiwe
There are newer reviews for Ramada Limited Tell City

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We went to Holiday World a few years ago but did the trip in one day. Decided to stay at a hotel this time and go to Holiday World one day and Splashin' Safari the next. We stayed for three nights and had a great experience. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave us directions to Holiday World and it was only about 20 minutes to get there. The room was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was good. They had a variety of foods (waffles, donuts, bagels, eggs, toast, biscuits and gravy, cereal, milk, sunny d, water, coffee, tea and apple juice). My kids loved the pool. The hotel is close to all kinds of food places and walmart. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelli R
Reviewed 27 June 2012

The first 2 nights I would say I had the best room and no problems. I told the lady at the front desk I wanted to stay another night. The desk clerk said I would have to change room which was across the way. I still had things to do that day so she said the room was available to use. When I got into the room the toilet seat had blood on it and the bathtub and the plumbing with the sink and toilet was slow. There was even a wash rag on the shower head. The sink may have been washed by an old rag or something there was particles on the sink. (I was afraid to see what was in the bed) I sent messages to the manager. It was near the pool. It was a little noisey. The next morning a different hotel desk clerk was there and I explained to her what was wrong in the room and the change of the room. She said she does not know why I had to change. The first hotel desk clerk said it was the same rate but had to change room when she was looking into their computer. I also spotted a bug and put it in a cup so the manager would see what was invading that room. With the dry season and it being near the pool anything is possible. I did not have much breakfast it seems to have changed some in that respect. I know they are going through a lot of changes at that hotel. I have been going there every year and I am not sure if I will return. I still have not heard from the manager. I provided the manager my telephone number to reach me. For the cost of the rooms nightly if I were anyone else and had a mouth on me it probably would not have been too nice as I was. I am not a mean person. I just felt like I was not being heard. You can find evidence and it will still blow over. I suggested when these room are claimed to be cleaned if the manager is not or never available to inspect have their experience housekeeper inspect the room before claiming the room is ready to use.

Room Tip: Do not go in peak time. Apparently there is not much to choose from in that area unless you go into...
2  Thank BLUEGRASS3280
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed here the 2nd night of our trip after a horrible experience with Days Inn. The staff was very helpful and friendly (gave us a lower rate to try and match what we paid at the bad hotel) , room was large and clean, breakfast was good. Absolutely no complaints. Maybe we were easy to please after dealing with Days Inn but I thought this hotel was excellent for the price.

1  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This hotel was just average. The room was clean but older hotel. They take dogs for $15 a night, but you get a smoking room. , musty old smell Hotel staff was very nice and polite. Good breakfast. The walls seem to be thin, you can hear next door. Outside pool no hot tub. Summer rates are a bit too high, but Holiday World is close by.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jaynewan
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The room was decent. Kids liked the pool. With the exception of 1 staff member service was not what you would expect. Took over 45 minutes just to check in with reservations. Girl at the front desk was not helpful and made it seem like we were being bothersome just trying to check in. We parked around back, I guess near the employee break area outside and were stared at the entire time we unloaded the car, kinda weird.

1  Thank Soiller
TCRamadaGM, General Manager at Ramada Limited Tell City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear guest,
I am very sorry to hear about the length of time for your families check in, and the vibe you got from my employees here at the hotel. I have never had anybody come to me with a issue like that with my employees and can assure you I will make this issue known to them. I will indeed be looking into what took so long on check in as well. Again, I am truly sorry about any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us, as we do our best to make sure every guests comes and leaves as if they were at home. Please contact me at the hotel if you have any questions at all. Thank you, and have a great day!

Jamon Wedding
812-547-3234

Reviewed 27 May 2012

First of all, the price for this hotel is severely inflated. I travel with work and get a discount on rooms, and this was still way too expensive for the value ($95). The girl at the front desk was terrible, not friendly at all and when I arrived says "we're sold out". Ok, well I had a reservation, so she says "name". Not exactly what I call customer service. Then I find out that i'm on the second floor and that there is not elevator and I had to lug all of my stuff up the steps. They were sold out so it was quite noisy and crowded, which is to be expected I guess. the room was ok, fairly clean. There was some leftover crumbs and such in the corners of the room. The "fitness area" was terrible. Super cramped and the equipment didn't work safely. I do not ever trust continental breakfasts, so I don't know what that was like, but the coffee was terrible. Stale and cold at 8 a.m.. I will never stay in this hotel again if I can help it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank E P
TCRamadaGM, Manager at Ramada Limited Tell City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear loyal guest,
I am very upset to hear that your stay was less than perfect, and experienced bad customer service at my property. I can assure you that the employee that worked the front desk will be receiving more training at customer service. My employees should have offered to help you with your belongings and I am hurt to hear that they treated GUESTS at my hotel the way they treated you. There is no excuse for why you found crumbs or anything upon arriving into your room. I strive to make every guest feel at home, and am sad to hear you will no longer be staying at the Ramada. I simply just wanted to apologize myself and speak for the rest of the staff here at the Ramada of Tell City, that we are sorry that you had such a bad stay with us. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel at any time to discuss anything about your stay. I do appreciate your feedback, and again I am sorry you was not satisfied with your stay. Have a great day,

Jamon Wedding

Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Ferdinand
Holiday Inn Express Tell City
Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand

Been to Ramada Limited Tell City? Share your experiences!