“Two Thumbs Up”

Ramada Limited Tell City
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tell City
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Every vacation has it's bumps and bruises and mine was no different. First, at check-in, we found that the reservation was only down for one night when I reserved two nights over the phone. Second, the tub wouldn't drain after my son's bath our first night there. Third, at check-out, we paid a higher rate than what I reserved over the phone. On top of that, my husband left my swimming suit hanging on the back of the bathroom door. (Not the the hotel's fault, of course.)

You might wonder why the 4 stars.... very good customer service!! Immediately at check-in, they apologized and corrected the reservation to reflect two nights instead of one.

Second, the assistant manager Benny came very quickly to address the tub drain. He apologized for the mishap, plunged the drain. When I politely asked for someone to come down and clean the tub, he returned with cleaner and towels and did the job himself.

Third, while I was very upset about the room rate because I was told that she couldn't just cancel the transaction and start over and the clerk NEVER apologized for the error, I received an unexpected call from the clerk that took my reservation over the phone. I believe her name was Johanna. She called us on our way home to apologize profusely for the situation. She told me that she would be speaking to the manager, Regina first thing in the morning and that it would all be taken care of. All I would need to do was call to speak with Regina. I really appreciated her taking the time to call me and apologize. It was just the thing that would make me select the hotel again when we go to Holiday World next time. FYI- The room rate error happened because when they had to add a night at check-in (which again was a goof on their part) the computer automatically entered at the current rate of the room, not the rate from several weeks ago when I made the reservation.

Finally, when I called Monday morning to speak with Regina, she not only told me that she would refund the difference in the room rates, but she also mailed my swimming suit back home. Both the refund and the swimming suit came through a few days later. Thank you very much, Regina, Benny, & Johanna!

P.S. There is no restaurant in the hotel, but plenty of fast food choice right around the hotel to choose from. The continental breakfast was great. It saved us time and money to eat at the hotel before we went to Holiday World in the morning. We loved that this was a pet friendly hotel.

4  Thank Beccah R
Regina H, General Manager at Ramada Limited Tell City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us here at the Ramada and leaving us a review. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us and that your issues were resolved while you were here. Your business and feedback are greatly appreciated. We hope you choose to stay with us again next time your in Tell City, Indiana. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Ramada in Tell City, IN is incredible. The breakfast bar was really good, I can tell the guy who made it really put his heart into it. The assistant manager, though I forget his name, was the absolute best! We had an issue with our reservation, but this magnificent ginger angel got us all fixed up. Great for families, nice pool. Will stay again!

Room Tip: Get one on the first floor.
1  Thank Brandon L
Reviewed 15 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank Amy B
Regina H, General Manager at Ramada Limited Tell City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had a very good experience at this hotel. Clean rooms and conveniently located near restaurants and shopping centers. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They offer a hot breakfast which is hard to find at most hotels. Didn't have time to swim but they offer a nice outside pool. Good value for the money. Would definitely stay at this hotel next time I am in southern Indiana.

2  Thank rodney n

Thanks Rodney for leaving us a review. We are glad you had a nice stay with us. I hope we can continue to accommodate you in the future. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My stay there was nice front desk people were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean I would come stay again one of the cleanest hotels I've been in. It's minutes away from serval fast good joints plus they have a nice pool

• Stayed: June 2014
Regina H, General Manager at Ramada Limited Tell City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thanks for choosing Ramada and taking some time out of your day to post a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and commenting on our clean rooms. Housekeeping will definitely be happy to hear of this. Enjoy your day and we hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Nice Hotel pleasant staff comfortable rooms been here many times and have had long stays here clean property and abundant parking the breakfast offers more than most here in tell city best rates and they are pet friendly where do yo ufind all of that in one hotel?

Room Tip: if looking for a double room request queen beds
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael C

Thanks a lot Michael. We are always glad to accommodate you. Come back any time :-) !!!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Once again, I have had a pleasant experience at this hotel. Room was quiet, bed was comfortable. Been here several times before and always had a good experience. The breakfast area has been expanded since my last visit, and the offerings were adequate for what I needed. Been coming here since 2006, and will be returning again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bratman7
Regina H, General Manager at Ramada Limited Tell City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Batman7,
Thank you for taking the time to write us review!! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!!
Regina

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tell City
Holiday Inn Express Tell City
Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Lewisport

Been to Ramada Limited Tell City? Share your experiences!