“Just ok”
Review of Maurizio's Pizza

Maurizio's Pizza
Ranked #39 of 234 Restaurants in Terre Haute
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I was hoping the exterior of the building was misleading. The interior is actually ok. Service was friendly....very well done. Too bAd the food didn't match the service. We ordered salad & pizza - the pizza special. The dinner salad consisted of 2 cherry tomatoes cut in half and 4 chunks of cucumber. Lettuce was iceberg and not fresh. Pizza came. Disappointing. No fresh ingredients - at all. Crust looked pre made. Not good. Onions & green peppers were from frozen. Canned mushrooms - bit kidding. Pizza was ok, ate 1 piece. if you are looking for good real PIZZA, keep looking.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I think the pizza is good not great to me, I have no reason but the pizza is my husband favorite he loves the sausage you have but I do like the spaghetti there that's what I eat when we go

Reviewed 30 March 2014

On this last night out of our central Indiana jaunt, we left our hotel about 6:30 and headed toward dinner. A friend had recommended Maurizio’s Pizza so we thought we would give it a try.

We shared a dinner salad and a small “Maurizio’s Special” pizza along with a couple of soft drinks. Our assessment: the salad was fine - but nothing special.

The pizza: It had plenty of toppings but was just a tiny little skimpy on the sauce (and I am one that doesn’t care for a lot of sauce on my pizza). I liked the taste but have to admit that it was a little on the salty side - probably due to the green olives. A few less of them would have made an improvement. Overall, I liked the pizza and would try it again some day but I can’t count it as one of the best pizzas I have ever had.

The service was fine. The physical aspects of the place are okay but it has very little ambience. But then, the prices were very reasonable and you can’t spend a lot on interior design with the money they were charging for their food. One last thought: for some reason, during the last several minutes we were there, the temperature of the dining area dropped several degrees, to an uncomfortably cold level.

With tax and gratuity: $22.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Good value and excellent pizza by the slice. Very good crust! Walking distance from the Candlewood Suites Hotel where we stayed.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Try the 747 extra large pizza, you won't go home disappointed. The staff is always prompt and very nice. If you decide to dine in, the restaurant is very clean and nice. This is Terre Hautes best pizza!!