“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
New York City, New York
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I booked a room for my parents and brother who were driving from Detroit to Houston. It was close to midnight, and they were driving into Terre Haute. I called the 1-800 number for Holiday Inn Express to make sure that they could check-in around midnight without any problems. I checked various online booking agents, but it was cheapest booking directly on their website. My parents are government employees so they enjoyed a 30% discount!

They absolutely loved the modern decor of the lobby and found their room to be clean and comfortable. They had absolutely no problems checking in so late at night. The next morning, they enjoyed a delicious breakfast that included eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, cereal, and cinnamon rolls!

I'm glad they didn't drive further into Effingham and instead stopped at Terre Haute. This hotel was right off the freeway and easy to find (which was one of the reasons why I chose it). Would recommend this hotel to others who are driving through. There is a 24-hr McDonald's next door which my brother appreciated!

Room Tip: If you are in the military or a government employee, remember to get your government discount!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Amy I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel!

I am thrilled that your parents and brother enjoyed their stay with us! Being directly off the interstate, we do welcome our fair share of weary, off-road travelers. Our team takes pride in providing a warm, comfortable, affordable experience to every guest, whether they be on a business trip, or traveling across country.

I am very happy to read your comments and cannot wait to share them with our team!

Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Belleville, IL
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My wife and I traveled to Terre Haute for a Rose Hulman Institute of Technology event (Daughter is a student there) last weekend. Every aspect of the experience was top notch from calling the front desk making our reservations a couple days in advance till we laid our keys on the counter when we left.

The room was clean, spacious and quiet. We even had a couple of college baseball teams staying which we were concerned about but never heard a thing the entire time we were there. The breakfast is very nice, and the woman keeping tabs on it does a wonderful job of keeping everything filled and available even with the large crowd that was enjoying breakfast at the same time we were there.

The best part of the Terre Haute Holiday Inn Express of course is the convienent location. We have been coming to Rose Hulman for events for four years now and there is no other hotel that is more convienent.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! We adore our Rose Hulman families and we are very pleased that your stay exceeded your expectations! Our breakfast staff takes pride in providing an exceptional experience for the guests in the morning and I am very happy to share your comments with them! I hope that we may welcome you again in the future!

Thank you for your review!
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Extremely clean and very friendly staff! We were just staying one night passing through on our way to Cincinnati but I will say that if I ever need to stay in Terre Haute IN again this is the hotel I will be saying at. You can tell the hotel is not very old and for a 3 star hotel it had great welcome area and lobby and nice amenities. Very modern and well kept. I have been travelling on business for 11 years and this is one of the cleanest hotels I have every stayed at. Very comfortable beds and had 4 pillows for each bed. Hopefully as it ages they will keep things up.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Amy I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
I cannot tell you how much we appreciate your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I am overjoyed to be able to share your comments with our staff! Our cleanliness is of the utmost importance to us. We have an extremely hardworking housekeeping team, I am very happy that their efforts were noticed.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I hope you keep us in mind for your future travel arrangements!
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We spent a single night here while in Terre Haute visiting Rose-Hulman Insititue of Technology. We wishe we were staying longer, because this property was beautiful. The decor is modern and colorful and everything was spotless in and outside of our room. The breakfast area was the nicest we have seen at this class of hotel The breakfast was delicious and we loved the variety of offerings. (The push button pancake maker/dispenser was neat.) Cinnamon rolls were OHH SOOO GOOOOD!

The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful in suggesting someplace to eat and letting us know of special rates that were available when visiting colleges and universities (We would have saved over 20 dollars for the night had we not prepaid throuhg a travel site).

My wife and daughter enjoyed using the fitness room.

Room Tip: 4th floor for most quiet Make sure to mention if you are visiting a local university for a better r...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! Our staff takes pride in providing exceptional customer service to everyone who comes through our doors and I am so happy we exceeded your expectations!

I agree with you on our cinnamon rolls - they are irresistable and fill the lobby with that sweet bakery smell!

We hope to welcome you again in the near future!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I adore this hotel!! Kevin (Congrats on your promotion)!!, has been unbelievably awesome from August 2012, till I left on this past Sunday. The staff here is sooo courteous, and always remember me. I will continue to stay here next time I visit Indiana. I never have any complaints, and the quality of the whole hotel is just great. The staff always are very professional, and just down right good people. If anyone is looking for a great place for families, I highly recommend staying here. I have seen meetings, birthday parties, and I know that there was a wedding here around Thanksgiving. They are just all around really nice people. This is truly a gem, if you are coming from out of state. Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: During August, when there is a truck pull going on, choose the 4th floor, tho I never had any proble...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! We are overjoyed that you enjoyed your stay but we are even more excited that we have become your sought after hotel while staying in the area!

I will be sure to share your comments with our staff (expecially Kevin)!

We hope to welcome you back very soon!
LaPorte, Indiana
Reviewed 1 January 2013

My brothers, their sons, our parents and my son got together for the holidays and stayed at your hotel. I was very impressed with the quality of everything. The staff was so kind and helpfull, from the front desk to the cleaning crew. The decor is very clean and modern. I will highly recommend your hotel to anyone asking. Great job all!

Room Tip: I was very pleased with all the rooms are family had.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Amy I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Our staff takes great pride in providing outstanding customer service and helping to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. We are overjoyed that your family enjoyed their time here! Sounds like you had a blast!! I cannot wait to share your review with our team!

Once again, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute; we look forward to your next visit.
Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 December 2012

What a great experience to see employees smile at you and offer a friendly "hello how is your stay going?". Everyday we witnessed every area of the hotel being cleaned, right down to the elevator walls and doors. Very nice common area with fireplace. We were able to enjoy visiting with friends while playing board games and eating pizza. A blizzard happened to come in so we really couldn't do much outside the hotel. The rooms are clean and the breakfast was good. We are definitely staying here again! Restaurants are close by as we'll as a Walmart. We checked in on Christmas Day and I want to thank all of the employees for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
I cannot thank you enough for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I am overjoyed when I receive review such as yours to share with my team. They strive everyday to provide exceptional customer service to all guests who enter our hotel; I am very happy that their hard work isn't going unnoticed.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!