“A Very Nice Place To Overnight”

Hampton Inn Terre Haute
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Homewood, Illinois
“A Very Nice Place To Overnight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

My wife and I didn't initially choose this hotel, it had just about the last rooms in town the night we stayed, when Terre Haute was filling-up fast, due to parents bringing students to Indiana State's freshman orientation, and bad back-ups from three accidents brining people off I-70. Fortunately, it was a very nice place.

The room was large and very new-looking (perhaps a refurbishing---same thing), with very comfortable beds, and the biggest flat-screen TV we've yet to encounter in out travels. Clean and quiet, it afforded us a good rest during the last night of our vacation. And we got the AAA discount.

Because this was just a "sleep-over" hotel for us, we didn't check-out all the facilities, but there seemed to be the usual amenities of a Hampton Inn. The morning meal was really good, with an excellent selection, including hard-boiled eggs, not always found in a breakfast room. (It's nice to know hotels are starting to realize diet restrictions, and are getting away from the "carbohydrate carnivals" of bread, sweet rolls, and sugar-bomb cereals.) The attendant did a superb job of keeping the food counters well-stocked and orderly.

Although unplanned, we certainly lucked-out by staying at the Hampton Inn. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, either on business, or a pleasure trip.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
connorysh, Manager at Hampton Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear LKTravelerboy, thanks so much for your comprehensive review of your stay at Hampton Inn Terre Haute. We are very glad you happened to stay with us -- even though it was by chance. Hopefully we will see you the next time you come to visit your child at Indiana State.

Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

If you book on priceline, call and ask for a nonsmoking room. We were stuck in a smoking room. Other than that, the hotel is nice. The breakfast is great and has a friendly attendant to help keep things stocked. The room was clean and the bedding was fresh and comfy. The hotel is located in a busy area, but our room was quiet. There are a dozen sit-down restaurants nearby. (not just fast food) My favorite extra touch was the farewell bag at check-out. It was a paper bag filled with snack and bottled water.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Waterloo, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

From the cheerful greeting at the front desk (this time the clerk actually reached over to shake my hand) to the beeping waffle machine at breakfast time, this place -- the first hotel after you turn off the ramp from eastbound I-70 -- is unmistakably a Hampton Inn.

However, there are a few kinks as well. It's tall for a Hampton, at seven storeys, and it has an unusual and confusing floor plan. The location right by the Interstate makes it a bit difficult to turn left (towards downtown Terre Haute) out of the parking lot -- a nimble U-turn is required. And watch out for the automatic swinging doors at the front entrance, or they'll whack you in the face.

In my guest room itself, there weren't night-lights as I have typically seen them in other Hamptons. And I found the controls for the shower very difficult to operate. But in general, this hotel had the expected features and services, including typical Hampton cleanliness and modern fittings, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I were coming back to Terre Haute.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank halifaxborn
connorysh, Manager at Hampton Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
First we want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences while staying at the Hampton Inn Terre Haute. It is only when guests share constructive feedback that we can improve and you certainly did that. We are addressing the night light's you pointed out.

Very happy you wouldn't hesitate to stay with us again. Hope it is very soon.

Thanks again.
Northampton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed 5 days two weeks ago, staff was friendly and helpful whenever I talked to them, room was clean, I did not see one bug in my room the whole stay, no spiders. The breakfast was typical hotel fare, eggs, biscuits, cereal, waffles, bacon, sausage, home fried, hash browns, prepared a little differently each morning. I had no difficultly with parking, and it was close to everything I wanted to see and shop.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kenneth N
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Easy to find hotel off of I-70 in Terre Haute with tons of restaurants - mostly chain and fast-food, but still good - all right around the hotel. The hotel is bigger than you think and comes with very nice staff. Breakfast typical - nothing outstanding.
Rooms - huge, quiet, but not soundproof as evident by loud neighbors at one point.
Would definitely stay here again if back in town for work.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank xiphoid76
connorysh, Manager at Hampton Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Hampton Inn Terre Haute. So glad you'll come back and see us if your work takes you this way again. Try us out for a staycation and see all the leisure activities in the area.

Hope to see you soon.

Thanks
Nashport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We came for a Christmas visit. After arriving, we noticed my boys were catching a cold. My husband and sons had to stay at the hotel the 2 days we came to visit my sister. The staff was very helpful! They allowed us to have a later check-out, extra snacks for the boys, always bringing up fresh towels, and helped us to find an urgent care!
The breakfasts were very good (free after all) and the kind lady who takes care of the buffet is a keeper!
The beds are so relaxing!

Room Tip: Get the tourist brochure when you cross the state line, there is a $59 a night coupon!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Disneydoneyourway
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

First off I will start by saying I’m a huge fane and frequent visitor of the Hampton chain. I think Hampton did what they could to repurpose this hotel to their standards. The bed had fresh linens and it was nice and clean. However it was worn and like me…already shows her age a bit. The bathtub was starting to peel (I’ve included a photo) and the edges of the trim on doors and windows were painted over so many times it was beginning to crack. These are little things though and really didn’t take from the overall room. But it’s not a newer property and it shows. I was disappointed in the view from my bedroom window (photo). Who would want to stay in that for any period of time? The staff was nice enough and the breakfast was hearty. I don’t know if I’d stay there again on my next visit. I’d have to think about it.

Room Tip: Check the view becuase mine was not pleasant.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business