“Good fast food”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland
“Good fast food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

This place is a unique restaurant, like a fast food version of southern cuisine. Food was good, no license but that was fine by me as it was lunch.

Visited January 2014

Iowa City, Iowa
“Who Knew?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Downtown Terre Haute for Cajun food? True Dat! Nice place, good portions, great taste. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed and fun. Reasonably priced, it is a great place for lunch.

• Visited September 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Wandering Chef”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Being from Louisiana , I always try to seek out home cooking where I can find it. The restaurant has good atmosphere but I found the food very stereotypical of what people think Cajun cooking is supposed to be. The Gumbo was decent with a good roux base but lacked the file flavor I was looking for. The etouffee was way too thick and the crawfish meat tasted like it was old.
Overall I would pass on this .

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank David W
Terre Haute, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

If you think you won't like Cajun because you don't like spicy food, it's ok, there are mild and even sweet/tangy options. Very good food and good prices. The owner is very personable and even brought out brownies to my kids when I brought them in for lunch! My 6 year old lives it as much as I do. Bonus:)

• Visited November 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Love the gumbo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

I tried to gumbo any place I can find it. Outside of Louisiana gumbo places can be hit or miss. This one was good--deep rich roux with spicy sausage and tender chicken. I'll stop again the next time I'm in Terre Haute.

• Visited August 2013