“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We visited the Landing last Saturday night. We had heard negative things about the past but wanted to give the new staff a try. The building is very nice & decorated well. We were sat right away, & had our drinks & rolls right away. The butter they had was amazing, it was a sweet cinnamon butter that was obvioulsy hommade. We ordered an appetizer sampler that was a meal in itself. It was so much food we got fried mushrooms, pierogies, & pizza skins very tasty & hot & came out very quickly. My wife ordered the fish tacos & I got the whiskey glazed chicken. Our food looked & tasted amazing. The staff was friendly & our server did a very good job. The chef came out from the kitchen to talk to us & make sure everything was OK was greatly appreciated, not many places do you get that. Makes you feel like they definately care that you have a great expierence & take pride in their work. I would encourage anyone to give this place a try, it's a breath of fresh air in the same 'ol same 'ol on the north side. We will absolutely be back. Keep up the great work!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Landing2014, Front Office Manager at The Landing at Forth Harrison, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for your review! We will share this information with our staff to help better our service and your experience!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Glad we went”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I usually don't write reviews but my family and I had such a great time and one of the best meals ever last night, we arrived kinda early because we had heard they hand just opened back up and we wanted to beat the dinner rush but they were already busy, that did't seem to be a problem they have alot of seating, We also had our 3 children with us and was concerned it might be to upscale for us to bring in the kids but it was "just right" and they had a great kids menu. The view of the outside was something else, almost like we had left town, very relaxing! We ordered our drinks and an appetizer and even as busy as it seemed our appetizer came out fast,which is great when your trying to entertain children :-) then as we finished our last bite of our appetizer our plates were cleared and our drinks were filled and our entree's arrived almost like a production! We ordered steaks and they were some of the best we had ever eaten! What a great place! Keep up the good work! Terre Haute needed you!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Danny W
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Scenic view on Wabash River, Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We went to eat at The Landing to check what the new management, new cheff and all new staff. This is the best experience we had at the Landing after it was opened in 2009. We had pierogis for appetizer, burbon glazed scaloops and pecan crusted fork chops. The appetizer and entrees were excellent and we plan to come back again to try different entrees. We overheard some one talking how good the Ribeye and salmon. We will be sure to try next time. This is the best restaurant for the money at affordable price with scenic view on the Wabash River.

• Visited February 2014
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Excellent food, superb service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have never been to The Landing before but I had heard it was open before and was encouraged to go elsewhere. My husband and I decided to give it a chance anyway. I am glad we made this decision as everything was wonderful. The crab cakes were amazing as were the bourbon scallops I had as my meal. My husband ate the pecan pork chops (and then again the next day as lunch since they were so big!) with mango chutney. What a delight! They have a full bar and excellent wait staff. It is definitely my recommendation to give this place another chance.

• Visited February 2014
“Less than TERRIBLE......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Let me start off by saying I will never ever go to this place ever again for anything....
It was more than just bad, it was unbelievable how terrible it was.
This was the sight of my 30th highschool reunion. Terre Haute South class of 1983.
The first glass of wine my wife ordered came with Lipstick on the glass. When they took it back the 2nd came with lipstick as well and so did the 3rd. It took 4 wine glasses before the bartender found a glass without lipstick but that not the end. My Cocktail Glass came with lipstick too.
When we went through the food line it was Bag-O-Salad "YUCK" and Ham. We were supposed to have chicken as well but when I asked the woman if there was more chicken she said rudely "NO, we made one chicken breast per person, someone must have taken 2". I said well it was not us and she walked away.... The hame was terrible and my wife due to religious reasons does not eat pork so she was stuck with Bag-O-Salad and potatoes. Oh, did I mention it was $40 per person? That was 80 for tthe two of us. At 11:30 the stopped the DJ who's sound system was terrible, turned on all the lights and shut off the AC although we paid till 12:00..... Do not waste your time or money at this dump.... What a shame it could be so nice and years ago was....

• Visited September 2013