“Hit or Miss” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Alexandria, Virginia
“Hit or Miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We've stayed at this place three times in the 5-6 months while traveling with our dogs. They are larger dogs, so our hotel stays are limited. We love Motel 6's pet policy. Two out of our three stays have been good. Maybe it's the type of room, because the two times it was good was in a queen room. The awful time we had was in a double room. In the double room the top comforters had stains ALL over them. We threw BOTH on the ground immediately along with the other sheets and used our own. While the rooms are updated, they still need work. I'd hate to see what they looked like before! For the price, it's not a bad find. Heck, after a bad visit we still came back. Just asked for a queen room instead.

Room Tip: The only good experiences we have had came from the rooms with queen sized beds.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed here as the first night in a cross country trip. After a long day of driving, we were greeted at the front desk by a friendly, helpful desk clerk. Our room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The room was the new Motel 6 design, with hardwood laminate flooring. The floors were VERY clean, after running around sock footed all evening, husband and I still had clean, white socks. The motel seemed to be in a quiet safe, area, we never felt uneasy during our stay, so I am a little puzzled at some of the prior reviews that were concerned about safety. We enjoyed our stay at this property, we appreciate the value for the money and that Motel 6 always allows us to stay with our small dogs without an additional fee or hassle. Should we pass through this way again and need a safe, quiet and clean place to stay, I am sure we will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Woodland Park, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while traveling across the US with my dog. The room was clean and neat with obvious signs of a recent facelift, which I appreciated. I felt safe there. The woman at the front desk was professional, helpful, and friendly. If I found myself in need of a room again in Terre Haute on a Sunday night, I'd give it another go because I have a dog, it was clean, and the price matched my needs.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jarrowla
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed in October this year. During the covered bridge festival which pretty much equates to higher room prices everywhere in the area. This was higher than what is apparently normal but it was cheap compared to a lot of the nearby places. Anyway, from the outside it looks older but it is well kept - landscaping nice and a well lit parking lot. The rooms though are done in what is the new and coming Motel 6 style. It had a wood floor, and euro style furniture - sleek, minimal - bed was a platform style and there was a nice flatscreen tv on the wall in this cabinet thing that also had all sorts of connective things for games and computers and cameras and stuff. If I was more tech cool I would like to hook my computer to the tv - that would be fun. Also I had a queen room and it had this neat table and leather style bench. Lots of electrical outlets - I hate hunting for those - by the bed and at the table. Enough tv channels and wifi worked fine when I was there. Some of the reviews are odd - motel 6s - never do breakfast or shampoos or hairdryers or a lot of the "amenities" that other places do but then I definitely did not pay as much as I would at most of the places - I checked. They did have a hairdryer at the desk - just call and ask - I did cause I forgot this fact. And I carry my own shampoo anyway. The room was clean and the staff was pleasant. I was comfortable and would stay again. Oh and it is next to the mall and restaurants - Yay. I would stay again

Room Tip: Most of the rooms they have are downstairs - I think the courtyard ones would be nice in summer.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank k71094
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We chose this motel because of the price since we only needed a few hours of sleep during our drive. We we're pleasantly surprised. Our room was clean and smelled good. We ended up staying till checkout time

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank jaxlpn40
Kingston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

We only stayed here because of the rate and we were tired and needed to get off the highway. We needed to use our internet because we had a family emergency back home and needed to check it. We had to take our laptop to the office to get threw. Gentleman on desk was very helpful. But he lied to us and said we were the only ones that were having problems getting a connection. We had been travelling for 11 days and had no issues with access at 8 other hotels. Agree with other reviews. Didn't have breakfast and glad we didn't wait around for it we were back on the road at 5;30 am. If you need a place to crash like us then it's okay. I would have hated to see this place before the updates. Really poor quality work done and only a matter of time it's a dump again. Pictures on internet make look better than it is.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lrelax

Travellers are raving about these Terre Haute hotels

Schererville, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

First of all we don’t usually stay in places in this price range so maybe my experiences are not fair comparisons but we decided to stay overnight unexpectedly. Every other motel we called was booked and we were too tired to ride further. The building is older and from a time when people felt safer with a huge window in front of the bed. The room was tiny and although advertised as remodeled, the bath tub wasn’t and was moldy around the chalking. The new floor was vinyl and should have been easily cleaned but it was sticky and not the cleanest. I put on my shoes when I got up in the middle of the night. I am not sure if breakfast was advertised in the price, but I hope not because it was only white bread and a toaster. Fortunately for us we had already planned to eat elsewhere. The only positive note was staff was friendly when we checked in and he helped me feel safer and told us wear to park so our bikes would show on the monitor. We didn’t know anything about $29.99 rooms being advertised until I read other reviews.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple