“Great food. The wait staff leaves a lot to be desired.”
Review of Magdy's

Magdy's
Ranked #32 of 230 Restaurants in Terre Haute
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Magdy makes WONDERFUL food. Yum yum! His waitstaff leaves a lot to be desired. If it wasn't for the yummy food, we wouldn't go back. The food is too good not to go back though. I don't suggest going when you're in a hurry. The staff spends more time making excuses for their poor service than they do providing service to the customer.

3  Thank Critic37
There are newer reviews for Magdy's

Reviewed 20 September 2012

The food was good (delicious but not outstanding), but the restaurant is located in an old house in a residential neighborhood. The house and front yard is in a bit of disrepair. There were only two other people in the entire restaurant on a Monday night. Not a good or bad choice. It may not be in business long.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

My husband and I have not lived in Terre Haute long, but soon tired of the same-old chain restaurants and steak houses, so when happened to drive by Magdy's one day, I looked to see if an reviewed it on Trip Advisor. Based on the reviews, we tried it, and were very glad we did. The food was excellent---the Chicken Marsala the best I've tasted---and the Victorian setting made us feel like guests in a elegant home.

2  Thank cygans2
Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

My husband are from the Terre Haute area, however we have never come to Magdy's before this evening. In fact, I came to the prior restaurant in this location -- Richard's Townhouse -- on my junior prom night 30 years ago.

My husband and I enjoyed the risotto Appetizer - very good, but I would have liked it hot rather than warm. We also had the brie and sun dried tomato on toast - probably wouldnt have that one again.We enjoyed te swordfish entree we shared very much. They were out of tiramisu and creme brûlée, our first choices, but we ordered the bananas foster and baklava and they were lovely. The appetizers and deserts were very reasonable, and there was no sticker shock for the entree due to other reviewers. Our waiter was very nice but off tonight. Magdy came at the end of our meal and chatted. He poked good natured fun at another fine restaurant closer to our home town. A very nice, romantic evening.

2  Thank mym2bw
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Me and my co-workers ate here several times while working in Indiana. The food, service, and atmosphere were all spot on.

I would suggest letting the chef choose your meal and you will not be disappointed. We ate an amazing succulent tuna and scallop sashimi, a very good Caesar salad, and an amazing red snapper dish.

If you don't mind spending a little more for good food, then Magdy's in Terre Haute is a must!

1  Thank Constant M