“Won't stay again.”

SpringHill Suites Terre Haute
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Did not receive maid service the entire stay. They did not make the beds and only replaced towels when I asked them too . Makes me question how well they actually clean the rooms between guests. The breakfast was not great either. Definitely will not stay here next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank rocrkim
MHummel, Manager at SpringHill Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take matters such as this very seriously. I will be using your comments as a training tool with my entire staff to prevent situations like this from happening again in the future

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Passing thru visiting a friend at ISU. The young lady help me at check in. The hotel is very nice and all the accommodations were amazing. Could not ask for a better stay. I would stay if in the area again, highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel staff was excellent, hotel was clean and pretty quiet. We were given a choice of which floor we wanted to stay on. We missed the free breakfast every day but 1. However the one day we did attend it was okay. We didn't feel we were missing out on a whole lot by not taking advantage of it. Overall a great stay the only complaint was the Wifi. It was pretty slow. Overall, very family friendly and clean. This was our second time staying and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

On a recent family vacation, we stayed here for a single night. We arrived late at night and upon asking her where a close by restaurant was still serving dinner, the manager gave us a coupon for a TGIF which we used. Then the next morning we left to continue on our vacation. Late the next night, my son (age 9) realized that his iPod was missing. I called the hotel and Mike the manager on duty that night informed me that the housekeeping found it and they would hold it for me. We would not be back that direction for 1 week. When we did finally make it back, the day manager found it for us along with a necklace that had been left also. This trip could have had a bad ending instead it was very refreshing to know that there are honest and trustworthy people left in the world. Thanks again to the staff for everything.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This Springhill Suites was a really nice place to stay. It was convenient to shopping and restaurants. Some within walking distance. Right off the highway tucked off the road it could be easy to miss. The room was comfortable and quiet. Everything was clean and neat. Bed area was separated well from seating area so lighting didn't disturb sleeping area. Plenty of pillows and the bed was very comfortable. Staff was friendly and check-in and check-out were simple.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I had booked a king suite for one night. When I arrived to check in, I was told they didn't have a room for us but that they had gotten us one at holiday inn. I was given a queen bed at HI and charged the springhill price, which was more. I guess spring hill just gets to keep the
difference because I haven't seen it. They acted like not having a room for me,when I clearly had a reservation, was fine and not their problem. This was the worst hotel experience I've ever had! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MHummel, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

curlyaly85,

Please accept our sincere apology for the unfortunate experience you encountered and for the inconveneince you experienced. We take pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction. Due to unforseen circumstances we were unable to accommodate you on that night. We value all our guests; everything we do we aim at providing an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Room was nicely furnished.... and quiet. Staff were all friendly and courteous. I have always felt this was the best hotel in the Terre Haute area. Only problem is that after a one night stay in February 2014, I brought home bed bugs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Concerned1212
MHummel, Manager at SpringHill Suites Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay with us at the SpringHill Suites Terre Haute. Our staff takes great pride in providing outstanding customer service and helping to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Comments from our valued guests are the most important tool of reinforcement that the staffs' efforts are noticed and appreciated. We also take great care in learning from comments and using them to improve our hotel.