“Clean, freindly, and accomodating”

Hilton Garden Inn Terre Haute
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Terre Haute, United States
“Clean, freindly, and accomodating”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The staff were wonderful. I got extra coffee pods, was not rushed into checking out, had good wi-fi. Hotel was comfy and clean. The maid would say hi and ask if we needed anything. Location was perfect for our trip to ISU. We could walk to campus, had lots of restaurants nearby, and shopping was just a short drive away.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Lori S
Erica F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
I just wanted to thank you for your gracious words and input on our hotel in reference to others in the industry. Seeing as you travel that often and consider us to be in your top 10 experiences truly means alot to myself as well as everyone else at the hotel. We really put everything into our service with our guests and its nice to see that we've had a significant impact on our guests. Everyone at the hotel from valet to housekeeping takes pride in the service we offer and give 110% everyday.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I always choose this property whenever I visit Terre Haute, whether on business or not. The rooms are always clean and detailed and up to date. They even have Keurig coffee makers in the room. Service from front desk to housekeeping to the restaurant were all outstanding. My 5 year old daughter wants to go back just for Matt the server. The rates for the rooms are of competitive value. I definitely recommend it. - Lisa G.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for all of the kind words about our hotel! I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with us.
Avon, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Hotel management allowed a guest to park all night under the canopy blocking the cart-path for the baggage carts. Pool/spa wall are covered with black/green fungus (health hazard), breakfast IS NOT included in the cost of the hotel room rate, and this could cost a family of 4 between $40-$80 per day.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Erica F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

gordon, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

An ordinary experience and the service and amenities don't justify the cost. a good location and reasonable access, but not great as the entrance forced us to perform a U-Turn facing the street and not the parking lot.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Erica F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the room and furnishing were not of the high standards we expect.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in-place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am sorry if this was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We stay at HGI everytime while in Terre Haute and up until this visit we never had an issue. This time starting around 11pm our drunk neighbors became very loud. I called the front desk and notified them promptly and I was told they'd call them to have them quite down. A few minutes later it continued so I called again and asked if they had called them yet and they said no but I'll do it now. I heard the phone ring in the next room then doors slamming. All was quite until 2:30am when it all started again. By this time I'm mad and frustrated so I call again and the front desk lady said she'd go to their room to talk with them. It soon ended with doors slamming. With this all being said I'm disappointed with the staff on how they handled everything. I was told at checkout that they would have never moved them but us. I couldn't and still don't understand that one. This has been the worst stay ever.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 499KimP
Erica F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I am so sorry if there were some of guests who were rowdy and disruptive. I especially would like to apologize that our staff did not resolve this issue promptly. I truly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention and I assure you that I have spoken to our security team regarding your comments. . I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you went through and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.

Monroe, Michigan
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This motel is located a bit further off the beaten path from I-70 east and is in downtown. The staff is extremely friendly and professional, making customers feel welcome. The lobby is bright and clean. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. The heating/ac system was quiet. The towels are super plush. There were a couple of problems but management took our concerns seriously and promptly addressed them. The restaurant is clean, is larger in size, and a buffet breakfast is available; however, it is not a complimentary breakfast. There appears to be ample parking even when the motel is filled to capacity. Reminder: Consider leaving a tip for the housekeeping personnel. They work hard.

Room Tip: Before paying to stay at any motel, it is always a good idea to ask to see the room that you will be...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vacationers2007
Thank you for submitting a review for our hotel. We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your comments regarding our staff and guestrooms. It was very nice of you to take the time to comment. Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to stay at and we hope to see you in the future as our guest.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn was a great place to stay when visiting Terre Haute and ISU. It is centrally located downtown near the ISU campus, always clean, always courteous employees and great rates make this the best hotel Terre Haute has to offer. It was very quiet as well, which made our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for making us your hotel when you come to Terre Haute! We strive to consistently provide great guest service and a clean, comfortable room. We look forward to your next visit.