“Very good hotel, very nice people.”

Hilton Garden Inn Terre Haute
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Rio Verde, GO
“Very good hotel, very nice people.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel from May 18 to May 25, while I was studying in Scott College of Business.
The staff made everything in their power to make my stay great. The beds are so comfortable, with nice pillows.
The breakfast was nice too, but I think it would benefit of more fresh fruits.

Room Tip: I stayed at the third floor, and I thought I would have trouble sleeping because of the trains, but...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank diegomodolo
Erica F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thanks for staying with us. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Hilton Garden Inn Terre Haute . I appreciate you allowing us to be on your team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Seymour, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

As stated earlier, this was not first time stay at this location. Wonderful location, great service and hospitality. We have stayed here for both business as well as pleasure (family) type trips. Location is great for Terre Haute and close to ISU campus as well! Staff is wonderful (no matter who is on duty) and just treat you like family when you walk in! A great choice for anyone looking for a nice stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Erica F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Hilton Garden Inn. There's a lot to see and do in the area, and it is our pleasure to serve as your base of operations as you explore all that Hilton Garden Inn has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Being a "germ-a-phobe", this hotel met my standards of cleanliness. Unless you stated otherwise, housekeeping would come in everyday to clean up after you, and seemed to keep the lobby common area, hallways, elevators, stairways, and entrance clean, organized and homey. Because it is a non-smoking hotel, on the side of the building, was a smoking area with a bench and cigarette garbage. Unfortunately, there were cigarette butts all around that area, but I guess the smokers don't mind. The walls are paper thin, like any hotel, so you can hear the water running from the room next to you. There are no balconies and the windows don't open. But if you're standing next to a window, you can hear things going on in the street below. There is a small pool, located indoors, inside the hotel, on the lobby/main floor. There's also a little shop next to the front desk, that sells little snacks, etc. In the mornings, they offer free coffee and tea in the lobby, although there's also a KEURIG coffeemaker in each room. There's also a bar on the main floor, and a little restaurant you can pay to eat in. There is no free breakfast offered. Room service is also an option. There's a mini fridge, microwave, free wi-fi, and standard cable in each room, free of charge. Also, they provide Neutrogena body lotion, body soap bar, hair shampoo and conditioner.

The hotel is located in the heart of downtown. There is a college across the street from the hotel. There is also a little strip caddy-corner to the hotel, with a bar, coffee house, etc., with outside seating. At night, the college kids hang out outside, or in the bar. Terre Haute is a small town, so most things are quiet and closed by 11 pm.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing off of the main street, so noise from the street is at a minimum. Since all...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We always appreciate feedback from our guests! I apologize for the cigarette butt issue on the side of the building you noted but we will keep a closer eye on that! I'm happy to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy your time here at The Hilton Garden Inn. I hope we will have the chance to host you again the next time you are in the area. Until then I wish you a great summer!
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

On our way from Ohio to St. Louis we decided to stay overnight and found this gem. It is a bit off the highway, located in the older, more interesting part of town. The outside is an older building but everything inside is sparkling new. The staff was very helpful and accommodating to our needs. We ordered in room service which was prompt and hot and very good. We requested additional items and they were brought up immediately. The room was very well appointed and the bed very comfortable. We will stay in more Hilton Garden Inns during future travels.

Room Tip: It is worth the drive into town.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing with us your positive experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Terre Haute House! It was nice to hear you enjoyed your stay especially that you had such a great experience ordering evening room service! It's guests like you that keep us going! Thanks again so much!
Denver, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had two minor incidences at this hotel but without any request from me, the front desk honored the 100% satisfaction, thanked me for bringing the two items to their attention and ensured it would be taken care of. They were friendly, listened well, and were not condescending like some businesses that profess to honor 100% satisfaction.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your pleasurable experience with us! We appreciate your feedback, and we are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you found the hotel to be properly equipped to make your stay more comfortable. Our downtown location does have a lot to offer and we're so glad you got to experience a bit of it during your stay! We hope to see you again, if you find yourself out this way, and thanks again for your review!
Charlotte, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed in Terre Haute for a niece's open house, and picked this hotel because it was reasonably priced, got good reviews, and had a pool for the little one to play in. We were not disappointed.

It is located in what I consider "down town" Terre Haute (about 5-10 minute drive north of I-70 on US41), and I believe it is only a couple of blocks from the ISU campus. We were also told it was right across the street from the Children's Museum in town, though I can't confirm that. There is a parking lot for hotel use, looks to be exclusively for the hotel. You will receive a parking pass to put in your car, and whenever we were outside, there was a gentleman in a vest that said "Security" wandering around the lot, so we felt very safe leaving our vehicle there.

The hotel is very clean and updated. The staff we had dealings with was very friendly, we were particularly pleased with the gentleman that checked us in.

The room was very large, clean, and well appointed. We were pleasantly surprised to find a small fridge and microwave in our room, in addition to a Keurig single cup brewer (with a small selection of nice k-cups). The beds were comfortable, and there was enough extra floor space to put down our preschooler's toddler-bed sized air mattress without feeling like it was taking up the remainder of the space.

The bathroom was clean and roomy, and the provided toiletries were very nice Neutrogena products.

There is a bar and restaurant in the hotel. I got a beer from the bar, it was fine. Complimentary, so I couldn't comment on the pricing. We did not try the restaurant.

We did use the pool area. It is a small pool, but for our preschooler, it was just fine. My teenage nephews came and joined us at the pool and they seems perfectly content with the pool also. There is also a nice hot tub in the pool area, it was clean and well maintained, I had no reservations about sitting in it. The pool area was also well maintained and clean, and they do provide nice towels for the pool area. The pool room is kept at a good temp (I thought I saw 84 on the thermostat), the pool itself is a little cool, but not freezing by any means.

Overall, we were very happy with the hotel and would stay there again if needed the next time we're in town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for staying with us! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Garden Inn! I hope next time you're visiting the area, you'll choose us again! Have a great summer!
Gulfport, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Everything about our stay was great. Check in was very easy and we received the floor we requested. The room was very clean and comfortable, and surprisingly quiet for a hotel. The whole facility was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful with suggestions for dinner and things to do around town. The parking lot was large and well lite and the best part, parking is free!!! I would recommend this hotel for your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor it was very quiet!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review, MissZ2012! We hope to see you back if you're ever in the area! We try to provide a very clean and comfortable atmosphere to promote our guests absolute comfort and I'm so glad we were able to meet your expectations! Have a great summer! Thanks again!